UPFRONT : MENU CHOICES NOT UPDATED

Hi there
I changed the a menu item to a page in the navigation element and although I saved , it is not done. Any idea why?
Moreover If I create a New page , publish it, I am not able to change its name . Even if saved, published it does not show up in the Pages list from Upfront whenever I want to link it to a menu item !

• Rupok

Hi dubernet,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I can see that you have tagged "Upfront Builder" with this post. Upfront Builder is for creating themes, so you can create single page layout which all pages created with *Upfront Editor* will follow. You can also create single post layout, archive page layout and other layouts with *Upfront Builder*. I opened your custom theme in Builder and changes are being saved without any issue. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

On the other hand, you can create posts, pages etc. with the Upfront Editor. I tried creating a new page with Upfront Editor, also tried creating a new menu, and then link that new page to the menu. Everything went successfully without any issue. I could change page name also. I've created a video screencast showing the whole process: https://monosnap.com/file/xEo7qgLn8GnXQxcvw1TFtdLG1bjj1Y

Is this not happening on your end? In that case, can you please try clearing your browser cache and cookies and try again? Can you also try from another browser?

Please let us know what happens. If you still face any issue, can you please tell us how we can regenerate this on your site? We can help you better if we are clear about the steps you are following.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• dubernet

Hi Rupok
    I was trying Upfront editor and misunderstood entirely .
    I was not aware of the Upfront Builder ! sorry.
    So now can you point me to a document that tells me how to work with builder . I have just completed the Upfront Editor steps adapting Spirit

What I would like to know is :
    How to import starter theme and clone it so that I can modify the theme and have a version release of the modified theme and do this in my directory structure ( not themes/up-spirit for example but themes/mytheme-name )
    How to import that the theme in a webite ... can I rename the directory in /theme ?
    thanks for your time .
    Thierry

• apurba_podder

Hi Dubernet ,

Hope you are doing good today.

There has three parts of Upfront. One Is Upfront Core. It's a parent theme & give you the ability to edit your theme.Two is Child theme. All the Stater theme are child of parent theme. Basically It's depend on Parent theme. Third one is Upfront Builder . To build new theme or after customizing any of our Starter theme , You can easily Export it with Upfront Builder. You can download all the Starter Themes from here.

How to import starter theme and clone it so that I can modify the theme and have a version release of the modified theme and do this in my directory structure ( not themes/up-spirit for example but themes/mytheme-name )
    How to import that the theme in a webite ... can I rename the directory in /theme ?

Download any Starter theme & upload it.
    Go to Upfront > builder
    Select the theme you want to customize & edit the theme info. Change the theme name, and also rename the folder. Ex: under /themes/up-spirit to /themes/mysprit.

To know more Please Visit this link.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/introducing-builder-upfront-wordpress-theme-creator/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/academy/courses/introduction-to-upfront-4/units/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/upfront-and-themes/using-the-upfront-builder/

If You have more query , Please let us know.

Best Regards
    Apurba

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.