Upfront mobile menu z-index bubbling issue

We are experiencing a z-index bubbling issue on all upfront themes on the mobile navigation. We have tried this on several sites with the same result. Items under the mobile menu are still clickable when the mobile menu is open. The easiest way to see this is when closing the mobile menu when the open menu is right underneath close mobile menu icon. The experience is that every time you try to close the menu it reopens.

This is not testable in a desktop browser in mobile view. It has to be tested from a smartphone.

We had reported this when we first started using upfront about a year ago and was told it was a bubbling issue, but believed it was something we had done wrong. After testing this on all upfront themes and some custom ones we have made, we are starting to believe that the issue is in the implementation of the triggered menu in upfront.

• Nithin

Hi Bryant,

The experience is that every time you try to close the menu it reopens.

I'm not sure whether I'm following you here, I checked this in the mobile, but I'm not able to notice the menu being re-opened.

One which mobile did you test? I checked this in a Android device. Please advise what I'm missing here, so that I could check this with the developer to have a better about the issue. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Bryant

We have made changes to our site to accommodate this issue. Please try a one of our sites that we have not fixed yet shopfah.com. Try to open and close the menu a few times

We have also noticed that menu is opening to fast. Causing the browser to think you are double tapping or clicking a link you are not. This can be testes on our site especially on pages other than the home. The side effect of this is that you can accidentally click a link because before you lift your finger the menu is out and the link is under your finger. When you lift it registers as a click. We have not found a way to fix this because the menu is set to change its display which can not be animated to slow down the change in states in css. If you click around the menu on our site you will experience this.

• Rupok

Hi Bryant,

Thanks for the details. I've just tested "shopfah.com" on my iPhone but I didn't face any issue in mobile menu opening and closing. I've video recorded this for you. You can check the video from here: https://slack-files.com/T02SUHU7P-F4H7H2VK7-e5c5d16fd7

Am I missing anything? We can work on this after we can see the issue live. Please guide us regarding how we can see the issue. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.