Upfront not allowing PDF or .docx for image uploads

I am working on my development account, and I am trying to add a PDF or Word Document as an Image in Upfront (working in Upfront builder) however, it is saying those files are not allowed due to security reasons.

How can I allow these files to be uploaded on a multisite network?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Blake,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Using PDF/DOCX and similar files in layout/desing (as a part of it) is not allowed because such files actually cannot be part of the design. They should be treated as part of the content an as such could be easily uploaded via backend's Media Library or into the posts/pages (via "Add media" button).

Also, Upfront's "Image" element is placing "img" HTML tag (or other element, e.g. "div" with image background) which cannot contain PDF/DOCX and this is not an Upfront but HTML/CSS standard limitation.

As you mentioned that you are working with Upfront Builder, I understand that you are either editing Fixer theme or creating a new theme from scratch and you would like to distribute those PDF/DOCX files along with your theme, is that right?

Could you shed some more light on how/where/in what way those files should be used with your theme? I'll then ask one of Upfront developers if we could do something about it.

Please advise!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.