Upfront not loading and upgrading WPMU didn't help

We installed WPMU and Upfront Builder more than a year ago and have been using it since. A little while ago, it stopped working and would staying on 'loading...' forever. When going to the WPMU dash it said we had to upgrade, so I did and paid. Now I can see the WPMU dash, but Upfront doesn't show in installed plugins even though it -is- available as menu at top left menubar in WP and tries to load.

I need to understand how to upgrade and install upfront without trashing current pages.

• Sajid

Hello David,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can't see Upfront Builder plugin installed on your site. It is not even listed in Dashboard -> Plugins page either.

So I am assuming, you are talking about Upfront Themes instead of Upfront Builder plugin. Please note that, Upfront Builder plugin and Upfront Parent theme are two different products.

So back to your question. Its Upfront Parent theme that require updates on your website to work properly.

But as you said, you are using the Upfront Theme on your site from an year ago and a lots been changed since than so I would strongly recommend you not to update directly on your live site.

Instead, create a staging site (replica of your existing site) on same server and update Upfront there so your live site don't break.

You can easily create a new site via cPanel software installer your hosting (most hosting support it) support that.

Fist install Snapshot Pro on your live site and take full backup archive of your site.

Now install Snapshot Pro on this newly created site, import that backup archive and restore here.

See this article for how to move a site from one host to another (yes, you can move it from one site to another even if the host is same).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.