Upfront: Offload S3 Support? Images doesn't load. (403)

Hi! It has been told somewhere that Offload S3 only supports WordPress' "built in image adding". Don't know what it should be called.. Anyway. Does Upfront support S3 offload and CloudFront? First it would be nice to know if it works, then if it does I would start thinking if I'm doing something wrong…

Thanks

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi richidi

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Does Upfront support S3 offload and CloudFront?

I'm afraid, Upfront doesn't support S3 offload and CloudFront. Upfront expects images to be available right there, so it can do resizes, crops and such (it'll do that automatically).

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• RL
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Okay! May I ask Why? :slight_smile:

Is it planned to be supported in the future maybe?

I saw other discussion here, and there was mention/complaint about the way Upfront handles the images. Something about images left to server even after changing theme or something. Someone of the staff said they'd look in to that.

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello richidi,

Is it planned to be supported in the future maybe?

This was discussed with developers and at this moment there are no plans for implementing S3 - however if more members will want this feature this might be reconsidered.

I saw other discussion here, and there was mention/complaint about the way Upfront handles the images. Something about images left to server even after changing theme or something. Someone of the staff said they'd look in to that.

Could you point me to that thread so I can check what is this about?

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hey Martin,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

So, as it stands is it still impossible to use Upfront Builder with Offload S3? No option to disable image resizing in Upfront and using the given sizes?

The thread what you have linked, is more of a code suggestion from the user, which didn't make up into the framework. Unfortunately at the moment, there isn't still any option available to make use of S3. Would recommend you to create a feature request, so that more users +1s the thread, the more it'll be considered for development.

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.