Upfront posts &. pages SEO plugins and iPAD use for for content

Hi,

I will split this topic into Posts and Pages because the results differ..
Posts: These work with Yoasr and Smart Crawl. It took me awhile to learn how to ge rid of that ARCHIVE backgound image. >edit post>view post>upfront.> no archieve image. Then go to the "...." To remove the background image. Is there an easier way?

Post content can be edited on an iPAD. I don't think this would include all content like images, but OK.

Pages are a differnt matter for the SOE plugins.
When I use the WP editor to change content then Yoast shows the word count change etc. But the actual page content in Upfront does not change. When I edit the page content in Upfront, the Yoast plugin does not reflect a change. Now I suppose I could edit the page twice.. In Upfront and again in WP. But I have yet to confirm the meta info for the page actually changes when I use teh SEO plugin..

But this also means that page content can't be edited with my iPad.

Sorry if this is long and not very clear.

BTW, my thanks to Jenni McKinnon for the article on How to Create Separate Blogs on a Single Install of WordPress

Larry

• Luís

Hi @tishimself,

Hope you're doing well today

These work with Yoasr and Smart Crawl. It took me awhile to learn how to ge rid of that ARCHIVE backgound image. >edit post>view post>upfront.> no archieve image. Then go to the "...." To remove the background image. Is there an easier way?

I didn't understood well what are you refering in it. The archive background image or the featured image?

When I use the WP editor to change content then Yoast shows the word count change etc. But the actual page content in Upfront does not change. When I edit the page content in Upfront, the Yoast plugin does not reflect a change. Now I suppose I could edit the page twice.

I only tested it on desktop, but, I made this procedure in order to try replicate that:

1) I add some text in a page, using the Upfront editor;

2) I checked that page in the default WordPress editor and Yoast shows the correct word count;

3) I add more text using Upfront editor;

4) I went to the default WordPress editor again and the word count was changed.

I am missing something? Or those issues only happen when you edit a page using iPad?

Cheers, Luís

• tishimself

Hi,

The archive background image.

I can update Post text content from the WP editor and view the new content in Upfront.
    This does not work for page content. Editing Posts and Pages do not work the same way from my PC. I can edit a post in the WP editor and view the results in the SEO plugin as I do so. This does not work for page content. They do not work the same way. This is why I needed to hunt down the Archive image, because it was not visible in upfront until I clicked on the three..., but I did see it when I looked at post on the website.

Granted, I did not edit page content with Upfront and then go back into the WP editor to check the Yoast SEO rating. Flipping between Upfront and WP editors for the content SEO is awkward. I was working with pages in the same way as I was with posts. There is a reason the Yoast plugin SEO results are displayed n the WP editor.

To add to the complexity of the workflow, I can edit post content from my iPAD but not page content because that is in Upfront. I need to see if I can add text; I know I can't drag and drop.
    BTW, this works when I add other editors, They don't need to edit Page content. I hope.

Just part of my learning curve. I hope I'm being helpful.

Sorry about the slow response over the holiday.

Larry

• Luís

Hi @lwmcmahon,

Hope you're doing well today!

When you create a new page using Upfront editor, by default, it will open with the page title and a default content (Your content goes here :slight_smile: ).

The pages, like the posts, have this element (this_post element (see the image attached)). All content inside of this element will be shown in the WordPress editor.

But, unfortunately, all the content you add outside of this element (using Upfront editor) will be not shown in the WordPress editor, just in the Upfront.

I understand your questions, and I think it would be a great feature see the SEO rating inside of Upfront editor.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.