Upfront Redefining Global Regions as Default When Creating New Page

Hello,

I've been having an issue where (on every Upfront Theme), I want to create a new Default Global Region. I understand you can easily create Global Regions, but when a client creates a New Page, is there a way to have that page produce a page with newly defined global regions as opposed to the default defined global regions.

For example Upfront has "Header" and "Footer" as a default global region.

But I want to have Header-Custom and Footer-Custom be produced when a New Page is created.

Currently as it is now, it seems like I have to have my client go into a New Page, then delete the default Global Regions from the page THEN add the Newly Defined Global Regions.

Let me know!

Robert S.

• Milan

Hello @Robert,

I hope you are having a good day.

At this moment this is not possible as out of box. However we are trying to develope addon for upfront called "Upfront Template Builder" which will let upfront user create custom templates. When user creates new page with upfront, Custom templates will be shown as dropdownlist from where user can select it and apply it for whole page.

But as this project in progress I don't have ETA on this. But our developer are trying their best to create this nice addon so upfront starts providing depth customizability.

I hope this helps you.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers!
    Milan.

• Robert

Hello @Milan,

I will say this, as a graphic design student in their Graduate program, when you guys do this it'll be a saving grace for a lot of the more visually inclined people who might not be able to code. As well as a great boon to expedite a design a client might want to have as a person who does freelance quite a bit!

"Please Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope!"

Best,

Robert S.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.