Upfront - renaming regions/adding header

Hi! First, I really love what I can do appearance with this theme. I've had to rework a few plug-ins that I've had issues with but overall, this has been great and so has support.

So here are my latest questions regarding working with upfront:

1. Can you rename the regions? While this is not a big deal, it would make things cleaner when I have rearranged things after the fact. And how?

2. How do I add a header (above the menu bar) to a page that doesn't have one? Without changing templates. I've got the page setup and would like to add the header? And could you add a different header?

3. Related to 2., could you add a region above the menu bar and how?

Thanks!
Edith

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Edith,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

It makes me really happy that you like our Upfront, I'm sure you'll build great sites with it!

1. Can you rename the regions? While this is not a big deal, it would make things cleaner when I have rearranged things after the fact. And how?

Yes, you can rename regions. To do this:

- get into region edit popup by clicking on a "Change Background" icon in an upper-right corner of a selected region
    - click on settings (a green "gear" image) icon for region
    - in region's edit screen click on "Edit" next to region's name, change the name, click "OK" and then "Finish Editing Background"
    - save layout

3. Related to 2., could you add a region above the menu bar and how?

I skipped to your third question because it actually answers the second one: you could add a region above any other region by clicking on a yellow + icon on top edge of a region that would go below.

In case of menu that icon may simply not be visible because of small height of the region so all you'd need to do would be to drag the yellow bar (in a center) down to enlarge menu region and + icons would show up. Once you added a new region above you can now make menu region smaller again.

If you have any further question on this, let me know please and I'll be glad to assist.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.