Upfront Scribe breaks Thrive Themes Content Builder

Have gone through debugging process and There is a javascript error between Thrive Themes Content Builder and Upfront rendering the Content Builder useless.

I know that there's crossover in functionality but I only want to use Thrive for Landing pages, so actually complete page is loading from Thrive.

Does Upfront use default WordPress javascript as per - https://thrivethemes.com/tkb_item/jquery-conflicts-quick-fix/ - I assume so.

Help please?

• Rupok

Hi wiredstudios, hope you had a wonderful day.
    I'm afraid I'm not clear about your current configuration. You are using Upfront Child theme on your site, and using Thrive Themes Content Builder plugin to create a landing page in that Upfront activated site? Or you have a Thrive Theme activated on your site, and you are trying to use Upfront editor on that site? I'm confused as you said

I only want to use Thrive for Landing pages, so actually complete page is loading from Thrive

And you also mentioned about upfront. So can you please confirm what's your current setup? That will help us to understand the scenario better.

And Upfront uses native jQuery which is shipped with WordPress which is suggested in you provided link. Can you please share the JavaScript error you are seeing? We could help you better if you shared the error with us.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• wiredstudios

Hi Rupok,

Yes - You are using Upfront Child theme on your site, and using Thrive Themes Content Builder plugin to create a landing page in that Upfront activated site

I think - Thrive Content Builder changes the Page template. ( It loads from a choice of landing page templates )

The error happens when trying to use the Change Image button in TCB - Nothing happens.

`wp-util.min.js?ver=4.5.2:1 Uncaught TypeError: (intermediate value)(intermediate value) is not a function

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello wiredstudios,

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this? Thrive builder is paid plugin and I dont have access to it, so I would like to check it on your site.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

Please also leave message for support what subsite in your multisite I should check.

kind regards,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello wiredstudios,

Did you check if this error shows on other themes (non-upfront themes) on your site (I tried to test that, but it looks like thrive builder will not work on subsite without activation).
    This error on console usually shows when there is typo somewhere in code like missing semicolon - and further checking source of this error doesn't point to any of the Upfront files. Did you run full plugin conflict test on that site to exclude other sources of conflict?

kind regards,

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello wiredstudios,

Thank you for confirmation. In that case I will ping our Second Line Support team to check your site and if this is something that can be fixed on our side. Could you please send in the following via our secure contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ :

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Kasia Swiderska
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress network admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password)
    - Include Thrive licence credentials if its possible to use them on another domain (only for testing purposes)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you select "I have a different question" for your topic, so it doesn't go back to the forums - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

kind regards,

• Panos

Hi wiredstudios ,

Apologies for delay here,

When the main.js file of upfront is loaded with thrive this issue arises. This file is being enqueued with the inject_upfront_dependencies function in the wp_footer action.

I tried removing that action hook with no success, as it was rising further js errors.

You are more than welcomed to try it out, you can paste the following in a mu-plugin :

add_action( 'wp_footer', 'wpmudev_rm_uf_main_js', 99);
    function wpmudev_rm_uf_main_js(){
             global $post;
    		if( isset( $post->ID ) && $post->ID == 275 )
    	remove_action('wp_footer', array( Upfront::serve(), "inject_upfront_dependencies"), 99);

You can replace 275 with the id of the page with the thrive content.

I suppose this will not be working for you either. So what's left is to edit a theme core file. Actually you only need this when inserting/changing images in your thrive page. Here is what you need to do:
    Open file wp-content/themes/upfront/functions.php and find line ~64 which contains:
    add_action('wp_footer', array($this, "inject_upfront_dependencies"), 99);
    Add just before that line the following:

global $post;
    		if( isset( $post->ID ) && $post->ID != 275 )

That will make sure that this wont be hooked if page is 275. The downside is that this modification will be lost with next upfront upgrade.

Please let me know if this was of any help!

• Panos

Hi wiredstudios ,

A) It's not a bug from either part. When there is allot of js loaded from different plugins/frameworks these kind of conflicts are expected as they were not designed to work with each other.

B) Only by removing the hook that loads the js for upfront for that specific page. Regarding this I got some feedback by Upfront developers who proposed the following snippet that should work :

function wpmudev_upfront_rmdep_on_specific_page () {
        if (!is_page(275)) return false;
        $wp_filter = $GLOBALS['wp_filter'];
        if (empty($wp_filter['wp_footer'][99])) return false;
        foreach ($wp_filter['wp_footer'][99] as $key => $cback) {
            if (false === strstr($key, 'inject_upfront_dependencies')) continue;
    add_action('wp', 'wpmudev_upfront_rmdep_on_specific_page');

I tested it in my installation and its working. So, for making it easier I have implement this in a little custom plugin which I have attached.

Download plugin then install and activate as any normal plugin. After activation go to Admin menu > Settings > Remove Upfront from Thrive pages. In that page insert the ids of the pages that you want to use Thrive only. You need to separate these pages with commas. Then try the Thrive image uploader :slight_smile:

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

• wiredstudios

I've installed it and it works perfectly - thanks!

Maybe something worth building into core if people are attempting to use multiple page builders? I know there is lots of duplicating functionality but for examply Thrive offers very quick Landing pages.

So evolving this to a tickbox on a page to remove upfront from this page would be awesome?

Thanks so much for this solution - Massive Kudos - cheers