[Upfront] Sending email from contact form doesn't work

Hi,
I have a webpage made with Upfront Issue theme and "Contact us" page on it. There is Contact form on this page. Sending email worked until I had the page on nova.gibanjezazivljenje.si (development site) when I moved it to gibanjezazivljenje.si (production), sending email doesn't work anymore.
Why?
Thank you.

• Nastia

Hello Robert

Hope you're doing well!

I've tested the form on my end and couldn't replicate this issue. Are there any errors showing up after a message is sent?

Please make sure that the WordPress itself sending emails. To test it, please go as logged out user to yoursite.com/wp-admin page and reset your password. See you've received a resent password email.

If an email is not sent, please try to re-add a contact form and enable SMTP option on a contact widget as shown below:

If the message will not be sent after this, please enabled debug, place the following inside the wp-config.php file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Make sure that you insert these lines above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */.

Send one more message from a contact page. This way all errors will be saved in the debug.log file inside the /wp-content/ directory. Please rename the debug.log file to debug.txt and attach it here.

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Robert

Hi,
    Yes, after I try to send a message generic error message appears that it was something wrong with sending message (I don't know exactly what it says because I have it translated tolocal language).

Wordpress is sending mails. I have tested it and it works.

I then removed one form from my page and recreated it. The reults were the same - no message was sent and error message displayed.

The last advice was left then :slight_smile:
    I changed wp-config.php and reloaded webpage. I tried to sent few more times and noticed that no log file was created in /wp-content/. I started a File find through whole page for debug.log but it was not found.
    What should I try next? Thanks.

• Nastia

Hello Robert

Hope you're doing well!

I've visited your site and there was a 500 error after submitting a message using a contact form. Please try increasing PHP memory by adding the following to the wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
    Please make sure that you insert this line added above /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */.

If this will not work, would you please grant access to your site from WPMU DEV > Support so we could have a closer look?

Please let us know when you will grant access.

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Dimitris

Hello there Robert

Could you please send us over some server details to further troubleshoot this?
    As this is public forum, you must send us your details through our safe contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question
    using this template:

Subject: "Attn: Dimitris"

- WordPress admin (login url/username/password)
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password/path of site in question)
    - cPanel/Plesk credentials (host/username/password)
    - your SMTP credentials used to Contact element
    - link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

Keep in mind the subject line as ensures that it gets assigned to me.

If there's a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this site into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, then this would make things even better, as we could also try to perform a conflict test, just in case there's another plugin involving here. If there's such environment, or if you can create one, then send us over the details of that one instead.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.