Upfront slider: auto scale slider hight to with image hight

Hi there :slight_smile: So here what I would like to do but can't figure out how:

I would like to stop the slider from cropping the slides but still have it 100% wide.
The result being that the height of the slider would responsibly scale down the height. Similar to what I did with the banner image on http://terryblack.ca except a slide show.

If you could help me with that that would be wonderful. Also this would be a great feature to have a button for on the slider background.

Also, I should mention that all of my sliders are areas that I have used the slider on the background. Hoping that isn't an issue : /

• Denitsa
    • WordPress Warrior

Hello Collin,
    I hope you are having an amazing day!

Could you please provide a link to the slider page so we can see that in action?

The background slider is acting completely responsive for me (check the screencast attached). Is that what you have in mind?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Warm regards,
    Denitsa

• Collin
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Density, thanks for the reply :slight_smile: Just realized the site I selected doesn't show up in the post. My bad sorry. Terryblack.ca was just an example of what I would like to achieve with the slider on:
    steingardstudios.com

The responsiveness on steingardstudios.com just now based on the highest set at the 3 different break points. I am looking to have it to be based on the height of the image if that makes sense.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there Collin

I hope you're well today!

If I understand you correctly, you want to get the slider to resize fluidly & automatically according to the proportions of the images being presented. Unfortunately, there is no built-in way to get that done, I'm afraid.

However, you can adjust the exact dimensions of the slider for every breakpoint you have active. Toggle the Responsive mode in the Upfront editor, then click each size along the top of the editor to adjust things for each breakpoint. To adjust the slider height, click the Edit Region button, then drag the bottom edge up to get the correct slider size for that breakpoint.

Example here: http://upfront.pcwriter.net/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.