Upfront spirit home image and theme logo does not update

Hi, I updated the home page Image and the Spirit theme logo in the upfront builder, and it is not updating in the website.
Other images do get updated. These not.
How can I resolve this?

• Sajid

Hello Renaat,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am unable replicate this issue on my own test site. I could replace the home page banner image and also the logo image. It does save for me while editing and also it show up on front end when I activate the edited theme.

You also could not change logo and banner image with upfront theme ?

Also, to make sure its not a conflict, please disable all other plugins at once and then try to make changes. If it works then activate each plugin one by one and keep checking the theme settings to find the culprit.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hello Renaat,

Thanks for granting support staff access. I can see the issue and reason is, those images does not exists (see screenshot).

I also checked in Upfront editor and images are missed there as well. So you might be seeing the cached version of those images in Upfront editor.

I went ahead and added a new image via image element and it does show up just fine on frontend as well as in the upfront editor (I did not replaced the existing image to avoid confusion). Feel free to delete that element and use new image element instead (the log itself is an image element).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hello Renaat,

The difference is that, Upfront Editor will load the content/layout from database first if exists. If that record does not exists in the local db then it will fallback to starter theme you created with Builder and load the content and layout saved in files.

In this case, if you just want to edit the Upfront theme (that's what you are doing) then you don't need Upfront Builder.

Just enable Upfront Builder plugin and if you need something change then you can do it easily with Upfront editor.

So you have two options depending on your requirements.

1. If you just want to change some elementa/layouts then just stick with one of our starter theme like Spirit, which is activated on your website and you have pretty much edited it.

2. If you want to create a theme from scratch, which you will later on be exporting it and using it on other sites too. Then you can use the Upfront Builder and create a new theme.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid