Upfront | Spirit | Q&A has terrible formatting on Upfront | Best ways to edit..?

Hello,

I was exploring the possibly of using Q&A in a website I am working on...

Looks like Q&A doesn't integrate very well with Upfront's spirit theme. As you can see in the image, the sidebar does not reflect the main navigation used in the upfront theme and the search bars do not have visible borders.

I think it would be really great to have shortcodes with the Q&A plugin so that we can insert this functionality in any page.

Several questions:
Is the WPMUDEV team working on an update for Q&A?

Using the additional CSS rules, how far can I go in terms of editing the plugin's layout?

Best,
Calvin

• Vaughan

Hi Calvin,

hope you're well?

Could you tell me which subsite you have Q&A installed on so I can take a look?

We are aware of quite a few plugins that will not work correctly with upfront themes & the developers are working on improving compatibility as this is one of the major issues it is being given a high priority.

With CSS you should be able to adjust most of the Q&A layout & styles.

If I could see the page that you are using that has this issue, I should hopefully be able to give you some CSS to fix it or at least to get you going so you can tweak it further.

It just looks like there's some issues with content width etc which is pushing the sidebar down, will know more once I can take a look.

Hope this helps

• Calvin Kwon

Vaughan,

I am doing well, thanks for asking. Hope you are well too~

It seems like the Q&A is automatically created in 'www.mydomain.com/questions' without me having to create the page. Is this normal? The link to my Q&A is here: http://angus.youthaction.co/questions/

Ideally, I would like to have my original navigation appear like rest of my sites, rather than having just a text list of my navigation menu to the side. Is this possible?

Also there are various widgets available for Q&A but is there a shortcode so I can decide what page to put the Q&A?

Hope to hear from you soon,
    Calvin

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi @Calvin Kwon,

It seems like the Q&A is automatically created in 'www.mydomain.com/questions' without me having to create the page. Is this normal?

Yes, questions page is a virtual page created by the plugin upon activation.
    The issue is with the Upfront not dealing great with the virtual pages, we had these complaints before and it has been added to our to do list as something to be fixed in the future.

Also there are various widgets available for Q&A but is there a shortcode so I can decide what page to put the Q&A?

Unfortunately no, this would be useful tho as it would also be a workaround for the first issue. This is something that will be included in Q&A updates.

Best regards,
    Predrag