Upfront theme and white screen of death

I have installed Upfront and all 3 child themes (Spirit, Fixer, Scribe) to my site. If I choose any of the upfront child themes, I get nothing but white screen when I try to view the site or customize the theme. I have deactivated all plug-ins. Still get white screen. I turned on debug in the wp-config and this is the error code I get:
Fatal error: func_get_args(): Can't be used as a function parameter in /home4/saltair1/public_html/saltairestudio/wp-content/themes/upfront/library/class_upfront_model.php on line 138
This is the second URL i have tried this on. I even put it on a brandnew URL with virgin install of WordPress. Still no luck.
If I switch to any theme outside of Upfront (ie 2015) it seems to be fine.
Currently on site: http://www.SaltAireStudio.com.
I've also tried Panino theme with same result: white screen.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Molly,

Hope you're doing well today. I've just tested this out on my own site after upgrading to the latest version of Upfront and everything is still working as expected for me.

It sounds like we'll need to jump straight to taking a deeper look into your install here. Would you mind sending in your FTP and WP login? Then we can investigate further :slight_smile:

you can send this through our private contact form directly to me:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Patrick

Hello,

I have looked for a similar issue to what I am experiencing, and this is about as close as it gets. I apologize if I should post this in a new thread or if it has been covered somewhere. My install of Upfront works fine in the production environment, but in my staging area, it fails to load anything more than the WordPress menu bar and a white screen.
    Has this been resolved somewhere? Does it just not work in a staging copy? Thank you!

Best,
    Patrick

• Tyler Postle

Hey Patrick,

Sorry for the delay here! Yes, it is better to start a new thread in cases where the original thread is really old, sometimes they don't get re-assigned properly. We are slowly closing all old threads to avoid this issue, but there is a lot so it's taking the system awhile to get through them all :smiley:

As for your issue, the fatal error mentioned in the original post was an issue we had that involved an incompatibility with PHP 5.3 and Upfront. That was fixed a long time ago so likely won't be the same problem now although you can try checking your PHP version that your environment is using and make sure it's up to date. Recommend at least 5.6, if not 7.0+.

If you are still having the white screen issue then start a new support chat here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

They will be more than happy to help get it sorted for ya :slight_smile:

I'll close this thread to avoid any further replies being delayed. You can always reference it in your new support request if needed.

Cheers,
      Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.