Upfront theme - blog post excerpt

I've set up a blog page and have dragged the "Posts" element over. How do I change the "content"? At the moment it says "Please type your content here" and I can't see how to change it - ideally it would pull through some content from the actual blog article that's written but no matter what I click on I can't get it to do what I want it to. Also how do I change the arrow "read more" to actually say "read more"

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for contacting us and I hope you are having a beautiful day. :slight_smile:

Please check the following

I've set up a blog page and have dragged the "Posts" element over. How do I change the "content"? At the moment it says "Please type your content here" and I can't see how to change it - ideally it would pull through some content from the actual blog article that's written but no matter what I click on I can't get it to do what I want it to.

You can select which post parts you like to show in the Posts element. For this please click on the element and then click on the Settings icon at the top left corner of the element. Then you will see a tab titled "Post Parts Settings"on the Editor panel. Click on that and you will see the option to select parts to be shown in the posts in the posts list. Please check the screenshots for more clarification.

If you have already tried this and it is not working then please grant us support access so that we can take closer look.

You can grant support access via

WPMU DEV > Support > Grant Support Access.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Also how do I change the arrow "read more" to actually say "read more"

You can also change the Read More text and styles from the post parts section. If you click on the post parts section you will see the post parts listed. There you can click on the edit handle on the Read More part in the verticle list. Then you will see and editor panel opened with the html. There you can edit the html and add class to the element.

It seems you are using Scribe theme. If so you can disable the arrow by removing the "read_more" class from the

<div class="uposts-part read_more">

so it will look like

<div class="uposts-part">

Please check the screenshot.

Hope this helps.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more help.

Cheers,
    Sohag

• Stephanie

Hi Sohag,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Content - I have tried that but even though I set the content to 20 words it still just comes up with the "Please type your content here". If I un-check the content box it disappears, but I do want it to have some content from the blog post.

With regard to the arrow, if I remove the "read_more" I get an error message.

Screenshots are attached. I've given access to the site also.

Thank you for your help.

• Sohag Ronjon Dey

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for the reply and I hope you are doing well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for granting support access. I have gone through your admin and also through the blog page and individual post. The Post list will show the post parts like title, content, author, date posted, gravatar, categories, meta, tags.

By default when you install the starter theme it has the post data in the default post layout. In your individual posts these are not added though there are other elements with contents. May be you have customized it and added other elements.

You can add post parts to your post by opening the post in upfront editor and going to Draggable Element and selecting the Data tab then dragging the Post Data element (this will show date posted, title, content) and then adding the datas for those parts.

You can also hide/show parts of the post data by going to this element's settings by clicking on this and then clicking on the settings handle then you will see option for Editing Default Preset in the Editor panel. Then clicking on the "Edit Default Preset" and there you can hide or show the date posted, title, content and change typography of these parts.

When you add content to the content part normally on that area where it says "Please type your content here..." and also add title where it says "Write a title" and save and publish it you will see these in the blog page. I have also created a post in your site please check the copy post and check the settings of the content part and that will also show in the blog page.

With regard to the arrow, if I remove the "read_more" I get an error message.

-I have removed the class and it is not showing the arrow anymore and did not show any error. If you check the blog page you will see the read more text.

Hope this helps.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more help.

Cheers,
    Sohag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.