Upfront theme import/export feature

Hi there, 2 questions-

1. Firstly just wanted to know when you guys would be adding the import/export feature so that I could duplicate a theme across a multisite, for instance, without building it from scratch.

2. I have installed on my site Shortcodes Ultimate, a plugin that give me a million different ways to quickly display a lot of things such as tabs, spoilers, etc. When I updated to the latest version of Upfront, my site became broken. I tested all the plugins and found that SU was the conflict. Is there any way around this as this is a plugin that I love and use quite a bit? It even allows me to write my own custom shortcodes which is very handy!

Thanks!! (And Upfront is awesome by the way!!)

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Ruby,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. Firstly just wanted to know when you guys would be adding the import/export feature so that I could duplicate a theme across a multisite, for instance, without building it from scratch.

I apologize as i am unaware of when it will be available and also we don't publish ETAs to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed but i hope it will be developed soon.

In the meanwhile to achieve it, You can use the same theme code across a multisite by activating the theme on sub sites.

To use the same content across a multisite you can use any of the solutions posted on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/snapshot-clone-copy-template-the-wpmu-dev-multisite-copying-toolkit/

You can export the upfront theme settings saved in the database by searching for the saved theme options in the database. Please see the reply below where we have deleted that options, in your case you have to search and export them by modifying the query as following.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-do-you-reset-the-spirit-theme-back-to-default-settings#post-849942

select * from wp_options where option_name like '%upfront%';
    select * from wp_options where option_name like '%spirit%';

2. I have installed on my site Shortcodes Ultimate, a plugin that give me a million different ways to quickly display a lot of things such as tabs, spoilers, etc. When I updated to the latest version of Upfront, my site became broken. I tested all the plugins and found that SU was the conflict. Is there any way around this as this is a plugin that I love and use quite a bit?

Are you using the following plugin?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes-ultimate/

Are you using the shortcodes provided by the above plugin in post / page content or in the widget?

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Ruby

Thanks for your response Vinod. Hope you are well also.

Ok so I'll try the methods for export that you have given me and see how they work.

For the shortcodes plugin - yes that is the correct plugin that you have linked to. I am using them in the widget form, and though the UI doesn't look great, the implementation of it at least it works. But right now if you look at my site, the home page/menu/regions/etc all look messed up. They look fine if I disable this plugin. If you could somehow give me a way to make Upfront play nice with SU, I would so appreciate it!! :slight_smile:

• Ruby

Hi Ash, I finally got around to going back to work on this site and things are still looking messed up on the front-end. In fact I don't think I can even go into the upfront editing mode anymore. It just takes me to the home page. Attached is the screenshot of the home page. You can see that there are large gaps on the page. In the top section that is supposed to be a slider with the logo and search box on top of it. Below there is supposed to be another image. And of course the menu is looking rather weird, I probably don't need to say anything more about it, you can see for yourself.

I've given you support access through the dashboard and the site url is buzzydesign.com/vpragent

I would really really really like to keep the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin as it gives me so many more options and I can even make my own shortcodes rather easily with its extensions. Please help! Thank you!!

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Ruby,

Thank you for your reply.

I visited your site buzzydesign.com/vpragent without logging in and found it's working fine as displayed in the attached screenshot and not like what you have displayed in your shared screenshot.

Also i don't see the large gap on your site but the small gap in the footer as shown in the second attached screenshot.

Do you want to remove this small gap?

I revisited your site after logging in to your site and could confirm the issue that you have displayed in your shared screenshot. I found that the issue is occurring on your site due to the Shortcodes Ultimate plugin which generates fatal error in the footer of the site as shown in the third attached screenshot.

I could also confirm that the upfront edit mode is not working on your site due to this issue and it works fine after deactivating Shortcodes Ultimate plugin.

I tried to reproduce the issue on my site using same versions of Shortcodes Ultimate plugin and Spirit theme but it worked fine for me without any issue.

Your site is working fine in dev mode http://buzzydesign.com/vpragent?dev=true even after logging in and activating Shortcodes Ultimate plugin so it seems it has something to do with the customizations that you have made on your site specially the section "The Latest Listings in Alpharetta".

I found you have created the section "The Latest Listings in Alpharetta" by using WP Web Scraper shortcode wpws in the widget so i used the same on my test site and could finally reproduce the issue.

I just switched to the default WordPress Twenty Fifteen theme and used the same WP Web Scraper shortcode in the text widget to confirm whether this is theme specific issue and it didn't reproduce any issue then i switched to the Spirit theme and the error gone so i did the same thing on your site and it also worked on your site so we have to keep in mind that if this issue occurs then we should swicth to the default theme, add the same widget to it, visit the front end of it and then revert to the default upfront theme.

Please check it and let me know how it's working for you.

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.