Upfront Theme Question

I want to build a new them for my website using Upfront Builder. I do not want to build it on the active site so I am going to setup a development site on my hosting server using a subdomain (development.mysite.com) Once I get my theme setup I want to move it to the main site. I know there is an export function to allow to share my theme.

My question is when I export the theme does it include the images I use for my theme and what kind of setup would I have to do on the main site to get it working the way it was on the development site? Other then have upfront builder installed (that is already done).

Thank you for your time.

Rich

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Rich,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

When you finish building your theme on your development site, go to the "Upfront Builder" and use the "download" icon for that theme to download it.

On a target/live site you don't even need Upfront Builder, you do however need Upfront to be installed. If it's not there, the simplest way is to install any of Upfront starter themes (you can remove it later) and it will automatically add Upfront parent theme.

Then, go to the "Themes -> Add new" on your live site and use "Upload" to install the theme that you created. That's pretty much all, you may activate it on your site. It will carry all images that you added to it with Upfront Builder.

Please however note: Upfront Builder is a theme builder and it nothing that you add with it should be considered "content". Once you got your theme ready, installed and active, use Upfront editor (the one that you start by clicking on "Upfront" link in an admin toolbar or by going to "Appearance -> Customizer" menu in the dashboard) to customize for a particular site.

Any changes made with Upfront editor will not be carried over with the theme as they are "per site". Everything that you make to the theme with Upfront Builder though will be included and carried over with the theme where ever you install it :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.