Upfront Theme: Spirit - Services Page - Content Duplication Issue

After I changed a section on the Services page, a section on the homepage changed. Now I've lost my changes on the homepage.

1) Can I recover the original content from this error?
2) Most importantly... How can I make sure the content on the Services page is unique and not connected to the Homepage?

Thank you!!!

• Milan

Hello Ruthie ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

By your description it seems to me that you are modifying Global Region. Isn't it so ? Have you checked that ? If not, please grant me staff access to your site so i can confirm on behalf of you.

If its global region then by its nature of functionality it will reflect every change you make on it on every page where its been used.

Please grant me staff access to your site and put note about region so I can find it easily.
    Best Regards,
    Milan

• Kaboomski

Hi Milan, sorry for delayed response, I attached a screenshot previously which shows the region. In theory you should be able to tell for me if that's a global region or not, but I am not certain.

I'm not sure why body content would be a global region, but maybe it has some convenience for certain dynamic modules. I couldn't find much documentation on the Spirit theme. Is it easy to reference the UpFront theme in order to figure this out?

• Dimitris

Hey there Ruthie,

hope you're having a beautiful day and don't mind chiming in! :slight_smile:

Hi Milan, sorry for delayed response, I attached a screenshot previously which shows the region. In theory you should be able to tell for me if that's a global region or not, but I am not certain.

We can only indetify if a region is global through UpFront editor, by editing the region after clicking on the top right plus (+) link.

If you could provide us support access like my colleague Milan stated before, would make things a lot easier for us. You can find detailed information about this here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

I'm not sure why body content would be a global region, but maybe it has some convenience for certain dynamic modules. I couldn't find much documentation on the Spirit theme. Is it easy to reference the UpFront theme in order to figure this out?

You can find the current UpFront documentation in our manuals pages, starting here https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/upfront-structure/
    Pretty soon our UpFront manual pages will be revamped, content-wise and design-wise! :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.