Upfront theme w/ Events+ & BuddyPress issues

Hello,

I am attempting to use the Upfront (Spirit) theme to setup a buddypress site that also utilizes Events+.

My first issue is with Events+ not displaying correctly, or at all. I have configured the backend to use http://volunteerbullet.com/events/ as the archive page. If I visit that page, it's just a blank content section with my header and footer. If under the appearance tab I force a template override it will display, however, it removes my header and footer and no longer becomes editable via Upfront drag and drop interface. I may be confused on what I need to do in order to make that page functional, is it necessary for me to actually create the page (in addition to specifying the archive page in settings) and place a shortcode? Things appear great when you actually get down to a single event like this http://volunteerbullet.com/events/2015/03/this-is-a-place-holding-test-event/

My second issue is with the BuddyPress pages. Each one of them (members, activity, profile, etc) display the information that should be there, but there is giant H1 tags at the top of each page that say "Enter your new page title here". Those pages on the backend have "default template" selected, and if I select any other page template it just populates the page with the filler content from the Spirit theme and no longer displays the buddypress info.

I hope i'm just missing something here and Upfront works with these two plugins. Thanks for any help!

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Adam!

For your first issue, with Events, try resaving your permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks, and hitting save. If you're using anything other than the default structure (the one that uses ID numbers instead of more human-readable URLs), you can just hit the save button. If you're still using default, change it to one of the "pretty" formats and hit save.

The second issue is a known bug, it should be addressed in a release soon.

Thanks for your question!

• Adam

Michelle,

Thanks for the info, and the welcome :slight_smile:

So i tried resaving the permalinks, actually I tried every permalink option with no luck. I was reading some other forums that said perhaps my htaccess was the culprit. This is whats in there (i run multisite)

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
    RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^ - [L]
    RewriteRule ^(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
    RewriteRule ^(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
    RewriteRule . index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

Also it should be noted I have multiple domains on this single host, so volunteerbullet.com is a folder inside of my public_html, and this htaccess is inside of the volunteerbullet.com folder. I'm not sure if the rewrite rule is not correct for this setup, and if its not im not sure the syntax on how to correct it. Thanks for the quick response, and I look forward to the Upfront buddypress patch :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.