Upfront theme with wpmudev-like top navbar

Is there an Upfront child theme that includes a widget for a top navbar that behaves exactly like the wpmudev site? If not then how would I create a top navbar with Upfront?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @markc,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

Here you'll find all currently available Upfront themes (scroll down a bit):

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/themes/

I think you may wan't to visit each theme's description page and check out demos in order to select the one that suits your expectations best.

As for the top navigation bar. I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "behave exactly like WPMU DEV site". I'm pretty sure none of the themes mimics behavior of our site's current theme but most likely I could help you get close to it. That said, could you please elaborate a bit on it?

Thanks,
    Adam

• markc

Thanks Adam. You confirm that none of the Upfront child themes have a top navbar component that is mobile friendly. I checked out half a dozen of them and when collapsed to mobile view the top menus are terrible. NONE of the Upfront demo themes are truly mobile friendly. That is my main concern. The navbar system on the wpmudev site IS fully mobile friendly and works well so for me to be able to use the Upfront system I need a component that works like the fixed navbar on this very page. I could fairly easily add a fixed top navbar system based on Bootstrap or Material Design Lite using raw HTML and CSS/JS but I'm trying to get used to the idea of relying on Upfront but I'm finding the interface difficult to learn and actually not very intuitive.

I would like to know how to add a fully mobile friendly fixed top navbar component to one of the Upfront child themes, preferably using Upfront itself so I can learn how to repeat the exercise for any other missing mobile friendly components.

• Rupok

Hi markc

I hope you had a wonderful day today.

What you are saying is really a very important thing and you are absolutely right. There could be an option where you could make the navigation menu responsive in mobile view.

I'd like to thank you very much for pointing out this important feature and I'm forwarding this to our developers. I can't guarantee you about the estimated date of when it will be done and available but we will take this into consideration for sure.

Please stay with us and keep suggesting us more features you need and that will make Upfront the best product in it's category. I really appreciate your effort.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.