Upfront Themes Creating a Bunch of Pages

Hi,
I just noticed that activating any of the upfront child themes creates a bunch of pages such as wpstore, mpcart, contact, contact2, and the list goes on. Why are these themes creating all these pages?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Scott Daniels ,

Hope you're doing well today!

By default, Upfront creates some pages, like demo content, pages based in the pre-made templates.

As now it have support for MarketPress and Woocommerce, it creates the "special" pages (wpstore, mpcart) too.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Scott Daniels
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

That is really bad behavior. A theme should not go creating a bunch of pages just because someone activates it to try it out. Also, why should it create these pages if the store doesn't even exist?

Its not bad idea for a theme to create a set of default pages, but it should do so only after an explicit action on the user's part, and then only create the pages appropriate or desired by the user.

Again, this is very bad behavior. Please consider changing it. Until then, the Upfront child themes are of limited value, and certainly not as network enabled.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Scott Daniels ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Thanks for your suggestion, Upfronts themes were designed to be ready to go, easy to edit to, in order to launch a new site in a faster way, so they include some pages already built.

However, I agree with your point, I think option/action to ask if the user wants to include the demo content during the theme activation, would be a great feature, so, I've just moved this over to our Features and Feedback section, so it can be taken into consideration for the next updates.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.