Upfront themes: same "child-themes" workflow / philosophy?

Hey Superheroes,

Just getting started playing around Upfront. So my question is pretty Dumb and Simple:

Can I create Child-Themes for Upfront Themes? Is it all the way the same procedure + code (in style.css) as "traditionally" done with other themes?

Tried to find some clue in a quick forum browsing, but did not come up with any light on this.

Thanks a lot, have a great w.e.!

• Panos
    • SLS

Hello @7guavas,
    Hope you are having a good day :slight_smile:

Upfront has a totally new approach to theme design and does not follow the "traditional", as you mention, procedure. Making a new Child theme can be possible, but it is completely different than creating new page templates and so on.

I would suggest to pick one of the existing child themes (Scribe, Panino, Parrot, Fixer, Spirit or Luke + Sara) and use the Upfront builder to customize your layout.

If you need further assistance on how to make specific changes through the Upfront builder please feel free to post you reply!

Hope this was of any help!,

Kind regards,
    Panos

• sergio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey there @panoskatws,

Thank you very much for your reply :slight_smile:

Ok, I was suspecting that the "readymade templates" were kind of child-themes when I surfed my WP Themes folder (there is 1 Upfront Folder, then 1 of whatever template you install).

So my only goal into creating a child theme is the usual: not to loose any tweaks when Upfront updates, but as I understand, this becomes kind of an "irrelevant" worry, correct?

thank you again!

Cheers :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.