Upfront update features and functions list?

I know that Upfront got a 'huge' upgrade this week but where is the detail of that upgrade?

While I truly believe it will be a very good tool, my past experiences are underwhelming and I have started using Elementor instead.

Obviously, as a subscriber, I would MUCH prefer to be using ALL WPMUDev tools but I don't want to be building a test site just to work out what has changed in this latest version of Upfront.

Hmmmm... but now I see that there is Upfront (theme) and Upfront Builder (Plugin). No detail on the differences so I am sure I will not be the only one confused?

Does the plugin replace the theme? What about the sites I have already built with the Upfront theme?

Surely there is a post somewhere?

Thanks,

David Wilks

Rupok

Hi David,

Glad to see that you love Upfront. Here is the changelog for Upfront 1.4

Changelog
    ----------------
    - Add: support for meta description element for pages.
    - Add: empty global regions/lightboxes message.
    - Add: changelog review area.
    - Add: refactored login element.
    - Add: allow different style to be applied on each slide per breakpoint.
    - Add: initial Empty API Message and overlay to Map element.
    - Add: compatibility with Upfront Builder

- Fix: parallax with PNG files and transparent backgrounds.
    - Fix: image inserts linking panel.
    - Fix: admin element toggling order issue.
    - Fix: issue in reverting to initial color in color picker.
    - Fix: gallery lightbox options application on frontend.
    - Fix: sync arrows padding with advanced settings.
    - Fix: remove categories data element from pages.
    - Fix: improve widget element error message rendering.
    - Fix: insert font issue in responsive mode editing.
    - Fix: javascript error on submit contact form.
    - Fix: post date PHP format issue.
    - Fix: issues in background image resolution.
    - Fix: consolidate fonts usage.
    - Fix: responsive image variant rendering.

but now I see that there is Upfront (theme) and Upfront Builder (Plugin). No detail on the differences so I am sure I will not be the only one confused?

Upfront is theme framework, where Upfront Builder is a plugin with which, you can design a template and export that theme to use on other sites. So you edit your site with Upfront but if you want to create a new template for Upfron, you use Upfront Builder plugin. Upfront works standalone, while Upfront Builder plugin depends on Upfront. If you don't have the builder plugin, your Upfront site will run without any problem. But if Upfront is missing, then Builder won't work.

Does the plugin replace the theme? What about the sites I have already built with the Upfront theme?

No, as I said above, the plugin is used to *create* new themes for Upfront and you can export those themes to be installed on other sites. So all the sites you have built with Upfront shall work as they are working now, without any issues.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to add more details.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok