Upfront upgrade

I just upgraded upfront and my products page went blank...all changes I had made to it gone.

I added post data and although the products came back, so did the title and the date. And I can't seem to remove the date.

http://scrapsart.com/store/products/

I want to set the title myself in a separate region with a background and do not want to show the date.

Also what updates have been made? Since the plugin related links on Marketpress pages are still messed up so I guess this bug is sadly still there.

• Rupok

Hi Erum, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm so sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I went to this page (http://scrapsart.com/store/products/) as you mentioned but I don't see any date there. Am I missing something? Can you please provide an screenshot so we can understand better and try to resolve this issue as soon as possible?

This is the changelog for latest Upfront release:
    - Add: Google Maps API key area in admin
    - Fix: global regions issue.
    - Fix: global theme settings issue.

I'm afraid, Upfront is not fuly compatible with MarketPress yet, but trust me, our developers are continuously working on this and I believe, soon these two will be compatible.

Please let us know if you have any further inquiry. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Erum

[image pos="0"]

See registration page as well. All pages are duplicating content.

Note: I chose the wrong theme when posting. This Luke & Sara where this is happening.

And I have a workshop in one hour's time where I am to showcase this website to around a dozen people so this is seriously horrible!!!

Also I should not have to hide the date with CSS. I should be able to remove it from within upfront. Why is that not an option??

• Erum

Update: The date is also appearing on every product page. I mean it was working much better before. It is actually worse now. I can't keep checking every page to see what else has gone wrong.
    Please correct this page duplication and this date issue.

And hiding via CSS should not be the solution. What if I do want to add it elsewhere and the CSS hides it? The solution should be inside upfront. Not to mention date should be off by default.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Erum,

I'm checking your site now and I don't see those issues: there is no Date on products page and content is not duplicated on orders page. You didn't rolled back to previous version of the Upfront - so you managed to solve this problem?

Fix for the menu item showing ID instead of text was not included in recent update.

I don't exactly remember how your products pages were looking before the updated, but we had requests from members to remove dates from products before last update and applying this styles was removing date:

.mp-single time.post_date {display: none;}

Let me know if this CSS will help with date o your products.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Erum

I don't think hiding the date using CSS is a good idea as you might want to display it at certain places or decided you want it later. This option should be editable via upfront only.

I fixed the issue so I can tell you it was coming up.

When upfront got updated, the Luke & Sara Theme got he content area added to the footer for some reason. This duplicated the content and added the post data which includes the date by default. So upgrading to upfront's latest version has some kind of a bug as far as this theme goes.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Erum,

When upfront got updated, the Luke & Sara Theme got he content area added to the footer for some reason. This duplicated the content and added the post data which includes the date by default. So upgrading to upfront's latest version has some kind of a bug as far as this theme goes.

I checked on my site with updated Upfront (Luke and Sara theme) and I'm not able to replicate this duplicated content issue. However my suspicion is that might be related to global regions fix, but because I cannot replicate it Im not able to confirm.

I don't think hiding the date using CSS is a good idea as you might want to display it at certain places or decided you want it later. This option should be editable via upfront only.

Unfortunately when it comes to custom post types in Upfront not everything can be done via Upfront editor and sometime using CSS is only option.
    That might change when Builder will be released but at the moment I cannot say that for sure.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Nithin

Hi Erum,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

As mentioned by Kasia, that's how a default post content is displayed, you will have to tweak with custom CSS when it comes to presenting the content the way you want, other than the default layout. The upcoming builder sure is flexible, also we are on high focus in bringing the MarketPress plugin fully compatible with Upfront. At the moment, the custom CSS as shown above, should help in removing the dates.

I hope this helps. Please advise if I had missed out anything, and whether you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.