upfront wont update ... permission errors

I keep getting errors when try to update. Tried with WP dashboard then with Hub. No can do. Please advise. Thanks.

• Rupok

Hi Dewey,

Can you please confirm if you are getting permission error while updating only "Upfront" or you get those errors when you try to update any of your plugins?

If only with "Upfront" and all other plugins update fine, then can you try manually updating Upfront (by deleting the Upfront folder from your server and then installing again through your Dashboard) and check how it goes? Please let us know.

If you are getting this error while updating all your plugins, then I'm afraid, there may be wrong file/folder permission on your server. WordPress suggests that all directories should be 755 or 750 and all files should be 644 or 640. Can you please confirm your files and folders have this permission properly assigned to each file and folder? Can you also check with your host regarding file group ownership? If owner group of those files/folders are not proper, then this issue may appear. For example, in general, apache user is "www-data". So your files should have "www-data:www-data" as owner group.

Please let us know what your host says about this.

If you still face this issue after trying all these, can you send me a message with cPanel access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/ so we can investigate further? Please also include your WP Login credentials so we can see the issue in action and make some tests to troubleshoot the issue.

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - WordPress Login URL
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

Select "I have a different question" for your topic. This and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Please send us this info as soon as you can. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.