Upfront/Scribe Editing screen unaccessible

On my site http://reifacon2106lc.reifa.org/ which is mapped to reifacon.com I am unable to access the upfront editor.

Please help asap! This has repeatedly happened on one site or another as I have multiple sites on the scribe theme and I need to figure out what keeps making it go haywire.

• Tyler Postle

Hey April,

Would you be able to grant support access to that site?

You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access.

Then we can login and have a look first hand.

Also, do you recall what changes you made recently? Especially if you added any custom css or custom code of any kind. It could potentially be due to a new plugin or plugin update. Doing a plugin conflict check is always a good idea just to double check.

Let us know when access is granted so we can have a closer look :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• April Priester

Access granted. No new plugins have been added there is some code in new styles, and some global code but that has been in there awhile and it was working fine even with the code. Please be aware this is a multisite installation. The WPMU dashboard is installed in my network admin so that is where I granted access from.

The site you are looking for is REIFACON16_dev and the url http://reifacon2106lc.reifa.org/

I wanted to clone the site as well but that process doesn't seem to be working either. The main reason I want to clone the site is 2 fold. 1 I need to change the name to reifacon16.reifa.org and 2 I keep a development/mirror site in addition to the main live site.

If you have a suggestion on a better way to do this I'm all ears.

• Tyler Postle

Hey April,

Very sorry about my delay on this. Thanks for the additional information. Could you re-grant support access? I'll make sure that this thread is a priority so I don't miss it again.

Were you trying to use our Cloner plugin to clone it to a new subsite within your network?

That should work. Another option would be to do a Snapshot using our Snapshot plugin then restore it to another site on your network.

The different with Snapshot is that the site you restore too has to exist already, so in this case you would just create a brand new subsite under the subdomain you wanted and not make any changes then restore the Snapshot.

The migration logic with Snapshot is still in beta, most members don't have any issues with it, but just want to make sure I mention that. It's best to do a full backup of your multisite before doing a migration.

Look forward to hearing back.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey April,

Looks like this is happening because you aren't actually logged into the mapped domain when you try to navigate to the Upfront editor. Before trying to go to the Upfront editor can you navigate too:

reifacon.com/wp-login.php

and login, then try going to the Upfront editor again.

The issue is that login cookies can't be passed between top level domain names, so you need to login to them.

Try that out and let me know if that is what the issue is :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.