Upfront/Scribe Theme not saving work

Upfront/Scribe theme not saving my work. I have emptied cache and troubleshot everything I can think of. I have already granted admin access.

This is a multisite installation. Main site REIFA.org subsite that is giving me problems is reifacon16.reifa.org/edit/page/5148

• April Priester

I was in the upfront editor on the reifacon16.reifa.org site and was cloning the previous setup. For example just above where it says Saturday April 30th I was cloning the time, event name, location and presenter.

The edit page when you are in upfront is reifacon16.reifa.org/edit/page5148

I've been leaving one set ungrouped and then right click on the element to clone and then change the specifics.

We've also had problems on the home page yesterday/last night with it taking forever to load images and then not saving them.

One question I had was should I just use the reset theme? What are the considerations before using that?

Hopefully you can fix.

• Tyler Postle

Hey April,

When I open the editor it shows that someone else is currently working on it so I don't want to make any changes in-case it affects whatever is being worked on at the moment.

I found the "Saturday April 30th" text but I don't think I see the correct info about it. I've embedded a screenshot here:

Is that what you are wanting to clone? Or perhaps you've made a change since you last posted?

One question I had was should I just use the reset theme? What are the considerations before using that?

This will reset all your Upfront elements. So any design changes or text you added through an Upfront element will be reset. I'm sure we can solve this for you without needing to reset your theme :slight_smile:

and just to clarify the problem:

1. You clone an element

2. You edit that element

3. You save it, but it doesn't save the changes?

Let me know when it's okay to test this out and then I'll jump in asap :slight_smile:

Talk to you soon, April.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• April Priester

Tyler you are good to go in and do whatever you need to. You should know it's not just the one site now, it's all my sites. Apparently on reifa.org, reifaexperts.com... my assistant has tried to add content to all and when she goes to save she just gets the swirl of death saying its saving and swirling and swirling.

As far as what I was doing on that page yes you have it right. I clone the elements you have in the red box, edit, and then try to save.

• Tyler Postle

Hey April,

I see what you mean - I got the same behaviour on your site too, thanks for the explanation. Could you send in your FTP or cPanel login so we can troubleshoot further?

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

**If you keep support access active then no need to send in wp-admin

Talk to you soon!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.