Upfront…why doesn't it use posts & pages like other themes?

I'm having trouble understanding how your framework operates. On the Spirit child home page, developers enter all their content by hand. Changing fonts, sizes, etc. is opaque or not available. What's weirder, if you actually WANT users to find more information inside the site, you must redo all your effort to add content, because the editable regions don't pull from posts or pages like most other theme systems out there.

There are nice graphic touches, like the circular quote image holders, but how to create them in a new page? Don't know. The gift box above the email/contact section? I'd like to replace it with something more appropriate to a service business call to action, but the object isn't editable. Changing link text attributes? Pain in the butt. I can't see giving this site to a business client and having them add content on their own, which limits the number of sites I can build with it.

I don't want to rant; some of the theme features are very nice. But for a release package pointed at developers, it seems pretty beta. Where's the functionality to pick additional social media icons like LinkedIn or Pinterest? To change a text block's size or linespacing without creating a new CSS class from scratch in that small window? How do you write a blog post and get it onto the home page, or use categories to sort content?

I really think you need to write new instructional material to your user guide for Upfront, and add some of these obvious editing functions. It's too skimpy.

Thanks, Eric

• Ash

Hello @grtgrfx

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. To change some fonts, to add more social icons, you will need to write custom css. No built in options yet. But our developers are working hard to make the more better for our members. Your suggestions will definitely help. I am also marking this as a feature request.

I hope the developer will keep this in mind :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.