upgrade from free version 1.2.6.5, to 1.2.6.7 install fail

I have the free version of CoursePress version 1.2.6.5
I'm trying to upgrade to Pro 1.2.6.7, but the plugin I downloaded fails to install saying "Destination folder already exists. /home/content/p3pnexwpnas05_data01/07/2343507/html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/"
I have a live course published in the free version, I don't want to uninstall the plugin and lose my existing course. What am I doing wrong? Is there a security key that I should be getting or something? Directions on the site are just not clear.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jess,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The "CoursePress" should update to Pro version via WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on "WPMU DEV -> Plugins" page of your site. However, in this case you may want to give following steps a try:

1. Download CoursePress Pro .zip package from this page:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

You will need to be logged in to your WPMU DEV account to do this, there's a gray "Download" link right next to the big "Install" button.

2. Disable (but not delete!) the plugin via your dashboard's "Plugins -> All plugins" page

3. Extract (unzip) downloaded file to your local storage

4. Access your site (server) via FTP

5. Go to "/wp-content/plugins" folder

6. Upload entire "coursepress" folder from an extracted archive from your local storage to the "/wp-content/plugins" folder on your server; agree to overwrite files when prompted

7. Enable plugin back on your dashboard's "Plugins -> All plugins" page

This should update plugin to the recent "Pro" version and all further updates should work fine.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.