Upgrade from MarketPress Lite to Markpress not working as expected

Hi - I have just joined and downloaded the full version of Marketpress after running Lite for a week or so.

BTW - after months of pulling my hair out with wp-ecommerce - I loved the ease of use of the Marketpress lite - well done all!!!

However : - (

Marketpress Lite History... I modified the Shop page by adding some additional text and images with links to product categories, added t-shirt>Plectrum Design and postcard>windsor souvenirs product categories and added 12 products under these categories.

To Upgrade... I deactivated the MP Lite plugin and cleared all caches

Installed and activated the full Marketpress plugin - made changes under store settings>presentation such as change Icons to Modern

Again I cleared my caches but do not see any change - the pricing does not show and the postcards product category page does not display properly e.g. no title heading

Is it a question of clearing all? and starting again rebuilding the store from scratch?
It wouldn't be a mammoth task but hopefully there's a more efficient way backend. I have checked my server and cannot see any lite legacy files...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

BTW website is http://www.windsorartscene.com/windsor-arts-shop/

• Filbert
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried each shop theme but it makes no difference. When I use the 'Icons' shop theme (this is the one I set up when I used MP Lite) the money symbol appears on the left under the product image but without a price - it seems that this is because I have set variations. I changed one of the postcards to show no variation and the price appears.

I still have a 'corrupted' postcard product category page and see no difference when I choose the 'Classic' 'Modern' shop theme.

Thanks,

Phil

• Filbert
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the plugins and don't see a change unfortunately. I have tested with all plugins deactivated and with each one activated individually.
    I had extended my WP Twenty Ten Child Theme by adding some additional page templates (php file) to be able to choose 3 column page layouts - I had the home page and the faqs page set to 3-columns. I reverted these to the Twenty Ten default (2-column) thinking this might be a clash but it made no difference.
    I deleted and rebuilt the postcard category and page to 'refresh' it but it still doesn't do it right.

THanks

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Can you provide a screenshot of your variations for one of the products where this is a problem please?

Also, can you provide a screenshot (or link) to an example of this happening on your site?

You should be getting a drop down box on the actual product page and no matter what I try I can't get the same behaviour you're seeing.

This isn't a digital product is it?

Phil

• Filbert
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Phil - Hope the layout below shows more clearly the problems as they are 2-fold. I think my previous messages might have been a bit messy!

1) the page layout problem is on the Postcards category page (screenshot attached)
    http://www.windsorartscene.com/windsor-arts-shop/products/category/postcards/

I have also attached a screenshot of the T-shirts category page which displays correctly e.g. Title at the top of the page and right-sidebar containing shopping cart and my other widgets.
    http://www.windsorartscene.com/windsor-arts-shop/products/category/plectrum-designs/

2) I do get the variation dropdown box on the single product pages. The question was regarding the price not showing on the Product Category list page as per the URL above (plectrum designs). As I mentioned before, I have read elsewhere on this forum that this happens because variations have been set for these products.

Good news is that I do see the differences between 'Classic', 'Icons' and 'Modern' when choosing the shop theme under presentation tab.

Thanks for your help to-date and for your patience!

Phil

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Thanks, that's much clearer.

1. That is peculiar, I have no idea why one category would show the title and another wouldn't. It's as if the cartegory name isn't available at all. I'll ask the developer to look at why this might be.

2. Ah, so are you actually referring to the small icon? I'll ask the developer if this can be removed when no price is displayed also.

Thanks,
    Phil

• Aaron
    • CTO

None of these issues are tied to the upgrade.

The titles are printing, it seems you have some custom css that is adding a display:none in your child theme to hide the title for some reason.

.page .entry-title {
        display: none;
    }
    style.css (line 52)

As far as the money icons, i'm guessing that came from the latest css update in MP 2.3.2 that's not taking into account products with variations. I'll get that fixed in the next version.

• Filbert
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, it was a design choice to remove the page title from the pages - I've removed the code from the style.css - although the page title now shows on the Home page and Visual Arts page etc., it still is a no-show on the Postcard page unfortunately. Have cleared caches etc.

The other part to the problem on this page is that the widgets don't show - no sidebar, which is odd.

Thanks re money icons.

Phil

• Aaron
    • CTO

MarketPress loads up the default page template for most of it's pages. As for that specific category, it seems like you theme is thinking it's post 2627, not sure what that is about.

Can you temporarily enable the parent twentyten theme and see if any of your issues persist with that? I'm thinking that they are just more wierdeties with your theme.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.