Upgrade from Membership Pro to Membership2 Pro

I'm trying to prepare to upgrade from Membership Pro to Membership2 Pro. The instructions tell me to update my Membership Pro to 3.5.3.3 before updating. I am unable to do this. I'm currently at 3.5.2.9. Trying to update from the plugin or from the WPMU Dev dashboard gives me a 404 error. How can I update Membership Pro before upgrading to Membership2 Pro?

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello John,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

The WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin will not let you upgrade to 3.5.3.3 unfortunately. That's obviously something that I'll want to forward to our usage writers team.

To update to 3.5.3.3 version please download the .zip file that I've attached to this post and unpack it to your local storage. Then access your site via FTP and go to the

/wp-content/plugins/membership folder

and overwrite all the content of this folder with the files from an unpacked archive. Once this is done, please go to you dashboard and follow instructions (if any) and the plugin should be updated. From now on, you should be able to upgrade to Membership 2 via our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Please make sure that before overwriting any files you've made a backup copy of /wp-content/plugins/membership folder first.

I hope that helps!
    Cheers,
    Adam

• John

OK. Got that done and I'm at 3.5.3.3. But I am not able to upgrade from Membership pro (M1) to Membership2 pro (M2). In my WMPU DEV dashboard, it gave me the option to unlock and upgrade to M2. Clicking on that shows that M2 is available and I clicked on "Upgrade to Update" which takes me to my WMPU Premium site and shows M2 Pro which I have purchased. Clicking on "Install" pops up a box inviting me to install on my domain. Then it takes me back to my wordpress admin but nothing has changed. M2 has not shown up and is not installed. I tried installing M2 by FTP. I get to the import screen but it does not import my M1 info. When M2 is activated, my only menu choices are "setup" and "Protected content". I never see my members or access levels or subscription plans. I am at a lost as to how to proceed with updating from M1 to M2. Can you Help?

• John

I deactivated m1, then deleted it. I loaded and activated m2. It took me directly to the import screen. But nothing was imported. I clicked on Skip. That brought up a screen to define a membership. I defined a basic membership. It then went to a screen for setting up protection rules. All of my Subscription plans are listed as well as my access levels but they are all listed together. This page doesn't let me do anything. Clicking on the left hand main menu on Membership2 shows two sub menus: Setup and Protection Rules. Settings is not an option. What next?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.