Upgrade from Membership to Membership 2 Pro

Hi,
I would like to upgrade 'Membership' on my website to 'Membership 2 Pro'.
I have an active subscription for the plugin. and according to my dashboard at premium.wpmudev.org the most recent version of Membership 2 Pro is installed on my site - however my site still shows Membership 2 Version 4.0.0.7 as installed.
When i go to the WPMU DEV area on my site (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wpmudev-plugins) the Membership 2 Plugin is showing (see screenshot). When i press 'Configure' I get an error page saying 'You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page'.
Help?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi kate_claringbould

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Please take a *full backup* of your site before trying to upgrade because Membership 2 Pro has revamped and was almost newly written to make it stronger. So if you have a full backup, you can always revert back to current state if anything goes wrong.

Can you please manually upgrade? Login to your server with any FTP program, go to "/wp-content/plugins/" folder and download the "membership" folder in your computer for backup purpose. Then download the latest plugin from here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/
    Unzip it on your computer and upload the extracted "membership" folder inside your "plugins" folder.

Now go to your WordPress Dashboard and disable the Membership 2 Pro plugin and enable again. I believe, your issue will be gone. If not, please let us know. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello kate_claringbould,

In Import Tool (In Membership 2 Settings) you can choose to export only users - it will not export plugin settings. I checked you site and it looks like your plugin is prepared to import users form old plugin version. At this point you can manually replace Membership 4.0.0.7 with Pro Version 1.0.2.7 and run import. Please note that old Membership is different than new one and when it comes to importing M2 will import membership levels, subscription information/data, and member data from Membership.

However, M2 will not import shortcodes or content protection settings. So after upgrading, you will need to add in all your content protection settings for each membership level, and find and replace any Membership-generated shortcodes with M2 shortcodes. Tip: use a handy plugin like Better Search Replace to make that more of a cheer than a chore.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.