Upgrade members from free membership to paid after a certain time

I have the Membership plugin free version installed on a Wordpress site.
I've just joined your membership program and installed the WPMU Dashboard on that Wordpress site.
After watching all the videos, I've configured the free membership plugin. What I want to do is get visitors to subscribe for free and have access to a certain page (http://sportsbettingreinvented.com/2/free-daily-pick) which is working. People can register and access the content within the shortcode and regular visitors can't which is what I want.

The problem I have is that I want the free subscribers to stop having access to that page after 21 days and be offered the paid level. What seems to happen now is that after the free period, they get to the other level without being asked to subscribe to the paid section.

I've set the number of days to 2 for now just to make the test. Since I'm now pa paid member with WPMU, I guess I have access to the pro or premium version on the Membership plugin.

I have an update for the Membership plugin but haven't updated it yet. Just want to make sure not to lose the configuration on the plugin. Can I just update it? and if yes, will the pro or premium version of the plugin be installed at the same time?

Thanks for your help.

Claude Cloutier

• PC

Hello Claude,

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the forums.

I doubt that its an issue with how you have setup your subscription plans.

Can you ensure that you are not running the Membership lite plugin ?

Make sure you have got the latest version of Membership Pro (from here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/membership/ ) installed and running on the site.

If you see an update, update it the settings are stored in the db so that should not be an issue.

Once you have updated the plugin, make sure its setup correctly by following the manual here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Membership3440-Docs.pdf

Let me know how it goes and I will be around to assist.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Claude

Thanks for your answer,
    I have the Membership Pro plugin which I've just updates to 3.4.4.2

I think the first thing I should have asked would be if it's possible to do whatI want to do with this plugin:

I'm running a sports betting website. I have a section which offers 1 pick a day. I want people to be able to subscribe to a first level, let's call it Level 1 and have access to that pick for free every day for 21 days. After that free 21 day period, I want it to end and offer that free subscriber the possibility to pay for that service from then on. Thay would pay for the exact same content that was free so I don't want them to have access to the previous level since that if they do, they'll get the daily pick for free.

I basically want them to try my service for free and see by themselves that they will make good money with it for 21 days and then give them access to the same data but by paying a monthly fee.

The way I've set it up is that I've created a subscription plan where the starting Point is a Finite Mode for 21 days (I've actually put 2 days for doing my testing) with a price at $0.00. I've themn added up a secod level with a Serial Mode with a Period of 1 month and a price at $14.95.

What I was expecting this setup to do was to grant them access for free to the content within the short code for the first level and was expecting the plugin to ask the free subscriber for a monthly fee and after paying their subscription, those subscribers would have access to the exact same content that those joining the free period recently are having for 21 days.

One thing I'm thinking and did not do is to put the same content whitin the shortcode for the second level.

Is this what I should do to get what I want or is there another or better way for achieving that.

Thanks for your help

Claude Cloutier

• PC

The way I've set it up is that I've created a subscription plan where the starting Point is a Finite Mode for 21 days (I've actually put 2 days for doing my testing) with a price at $0.00. I've themn added up a secod level with a Serial Mode with a Period of 1 month and a price at $14.95.

That seems the correct way to do it. Finite access + Serial access

What I was expecting this setup to do was to grant them access for free to the content within the short code for the first level and was expecting the plugin to ask the free subscriber for a monthly fee and after paying their subscription, those subscribers would have access to the exact same content that those joining the free period recently are having for 21 days.

This is not how it would work. It would allow your users to create a subscription which would say free for 21 days and then $x per month or whatever duration you want.

I don't think you need a second level there if the content is same.

You simply want them to access a content free for 21 days and then pay for it so the best way is as suggested above.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.