Upgrade to 4.7 gets me a white screen

Hi

Although my theme is compatible with 4.7, every time I try to upgrade the site, it throws back white screen.

The site is xcelwebdesign.co.uk and I've granted support access if you can take a look or suggest a solution?

Thanks
Farzan

• Jerry Hepperle
    • The Incredible Code Injector

well it looks you may be using brooklyn as a theme? If this is the case. 1. there was an update yesterday to it. 2. it only declares 4.6.1 support. if you are NOT using it, then ignore this useless data.

4.7.2 is primary a security update so I am surprised it is breaking your site.

have you tried turning off plugins and updating?

I manage nearly 100 sites and had no trouble with any.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there graphitewpmud,

hope you're doing good and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

Although my theme is compatible with 4.7, every time I try to upgrade the site, it throws back white screen.

Are you sure that this is a theme conflict?
    If so, have you contacted the theme authors about it?
    As this is a premium theme I don't have access to it to further test it now.
    Please advise!

In other to find out what causes this "white screen" you can activate WP_DEBUG which should provide some more insights about that. You can simply access your server through FTP, edit the wp-config.php file, find a line like
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    and replace it with the following (if the above line doesn’t exist, simply insert next snippet just above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ comment)

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);
    @ini_set('display_errors', 0);

Then go ahead and try to replicate the error by updating WP.
    By doing so, a /wp-content/debug.log file should be created.
    Simply download it, rename it to debug.txt and attach it here in your next reply.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.