Upgrade to Edu Clean 2.1.3 and the header logo image is missing

Hi,
Upgraded from WPMU 2.8.4 to WPMS 3.0.1.
Then upgrade the previous Edu Clean theme to the new one 2.1.3 but now the logo/header image is not displayed.

In fact it displays an "edublogs homepage" image.

I went to Edu-Clean Options. Then under Top Header CSS Settings, the image/logo url location was correctly displayed. For an unknown reason (i'm still a rookie) the image/logo is not displayed in the site.

I also tried to access the image directly pasting the url of the image in my browser and cannot see it.

Please help.

Thanks
Charles

• Mason

Hiya Charles,

The Edu-Clean theme header and custom logo is working on my install, so there's probably a setting or something off that's causing this issue for you. Can you post a link to your site? If I can take a look we can probably get this figured out for ya!

I also tried to access the image directly pasting the url of the image in my browser and cannot see it.

Can you still see the image in the media library? Are other images showing up on your site?

Try uploading a new image and see if it shows up? If not, it may be an issue due to the WordPress upgrade and not the theme.

Thanks! :smiley:

• Mason

Hiya,

Yep. That folder structure does seem a bit odd. Can you tell me how you did the upgrade?

Take a look at my response on your other thread:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/upgraded-from-wpmu-284-to-wpmu-301-and-the-network-link-under-tools-menu-is-missing

Did you follow the steps as outlined in this article? If not, I'd go back through and make sure each of these steps have been covered.

It's a bit difficult to tell what's going on with the folder structure. What do the question marks mean that is over some of those folders?

• Mason

Fortunately I did a full backup before the upgrade.

Then you are working at a much higher level than a "rookie." Nicely done! :smiley:

Do you recommend to restore and do the process again?

Yeah, honestly I think that might be the best route here. Or, if you don't have too many sites, you could export the information and do a completely fresh install with WP 3.0.1.

Honestly, I never use nor recommend the automatic upgrade process for WordPress when you're using multi-site. Manuals the best way to ensure there are no errors.

You could try a restore back to the original configuration and then follow the guide. That should give you the desired results - or you could start fresh.

Let us know if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks!

• Mason

Hiya!

is there a way to then upload the 2 sites to the new WPMS 3.0.1 install? If possible, what is the procedure?

Sure thing. WordPress has this feature built in under Tools>Export.
    http://en.support.wordpress.com/export/

Just export each site's database and a copy of your themes and blogs.dir to your computer. The export feature does not export any photos and since you'll be removing the old site, you won't be able to import them, so backing up the blogs.dir (and any other directory where you've stored photos or uploads) is important.

Do a fresh install of WordPress. Re-create the each site's name and add your themes back into place. Import the XML file you created earlier into each site. Add back the photos and you're done. Brand new install with all your old data.

Alternatively there are plugins available to do this, which are not normally recommended for network installs, but will work if you're only using a couple sites. Do a search for backup buddy and you should find one. It's not free, but should do the trick as well.

Thanks!