Upgrade to membership for higher levels of access?

If a member wishes to upgrade to a higher level of membership, how can that be done?

In other words, if we create access levels of Bronze ($115/year) and Silver ($134.95) and someone buys a Bronze level, but midway through the year wants to upgrade to Gold level for the additional cost, how can we accomplish that?

We currently have a membership that has access to some functions, but not all. Some members will want to have a higher level of access, which we would sell for $19.95 more than the regular level.

Thanks for your help as always!
Dave

• Tyler Postle

Hey Dave,

Hope you're doing well today!

In other words, if we create access levels of Bronze ($115/year) and Silver ($134.95) and someone buys a Bronze level, but midway through the year wants to upgrade to Gold level for the additional cost, how can we accomplish that?

When they upgrade their subscriptions will be pro-rated based on the time they have left in their current membership and the cost of their upgraded subscription

Hope that helps! You can always see it happen in action with PayPal sandbox mode first.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

• dave

This is a follow on question to the Membership level question.
    We've added multiple membership levels in the LLA Member product through MarketPress (see the attached PDF for that screen). We need to give different membership levels different levels of access to certain parts of the site and I'm foggy on how to do that. In this product (first year of LLA membership), we have one level that needs to give them access to everything EXCEPT the PDF library. We have another level that gives them everything INCLUDING the PDF library. We have set up different Access Levels in Membership, but I don't see how to assign different Access Levels to different Membership levels that we sell in Marketpress? Or perhaps we are doing that wrong in Marketpress as I do know our original developer had to tweak Marketpress to work with Membership. We sell both memberships and products. If this is something I need to have a paid ticket for you all to help me with, that's fine as I'm stumped at the moment and my current developer isn't sure either.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Dave

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Dave,

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

So you have customized Membership and MarketPress so you can sell Memberships through MarketPress?

By default in Membership, you would add the Membership level to a subscription plan then the user would sign up and pay for the subscription plan which would apply the level to them

How does your typical Membership purchase process work now?

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• dave

Hi Tyler - Sorry to be long in responding. That worked.

I would like your feedback on what we did with the MarketPress and Membership plugin, if just to confirm that it was necessary. One of my developers thought it was, but I have the details. Essentially, we wanted one shopping cart that allowed a person to buy forms, books, etc. AND their membership to the association. It seemed this wouldn't work with the plugins in a "stock" format, so my developer modified MarketPress in some ways (I don't have details) to allow that to work. If it's 1 - a good idea, and 2 - something useful for you and the community, I'd be happy to contribute that code back to you all.

That said, I'd like your feedback to know if there was any non-code-modifying way to achieve the goal on selling products and memberships together in one cart in MarketPress? As it is, I can't really do any MarketPress plugin upgrades for fear of erasing the customization. Not a tragedy, but you all are making new things and improvements all the time.

Thanks for your feedback and help as always!
    Dave