Upgrade to more one plugin or theme at a time … possible?

Wondering if it’s possible to offer upgrades on a theme by theme / plugin by plugin basis … as opposed to account-wide upgrades.

The account upgrades are great, but it might be more digestible for users to upgrade their account one plugin at a time you know? So instead of paying $20 for an pro account, users could pay $5 for the functionality they want and upgrade to more if they need it. Is this even possible with WordPress?

Likewise for themes — instead of upgrading to a pro account that cracks open a variety of available themes, I’d like to build on a model in which the user commits to one theme when upgrading … thus, enabling the opportunity to make a sale each time they want to change themes.

Couldn’t find anything in the forums on this … open to reading through everything if I’ve missed it.

Cheers

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Christopher,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately this is something which is not available currently. I am sure this will be a nice feature request and have already moved this to the right section i.e. “Features and Feedback”

In the mean time, I will suggest you to do that manually. You can create themes and plugin names as products on your Network site and use MarketPress to sell them out. Once a user places a request, you can enable a particular plugin/theme on their blog. How does that sound ? doable ?

This is something which is also not available on Edublogs, that is the largest example of Prosites. They also have a manual solution over there which serves to this type of requests.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.