Upgraded MultiSite, WP Dashboard will not display anymore.

OK, this is pretty scary...
My site works http://www.newmexicovideo.com
But when I log in to WP -- the Dashboard landing page is pure white...
If I click on the -- go to site... site displays just fine.
Anyone have an idea on how to get control of my dashboard again?
Thanks in Advance!
Robert

• aecnu

Greetings Robert,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your WordPress installation.

Of course the first thing one would think is that you made that backup that WordPress told you to make before the upgraded didn't you?

To attempt to get this handled in which it seems the backup did not go over well, is to manually update it using FTP if you do not have a backup that is.

Here are the instructions for doing a Manual Update:
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Updating_WordPress#Manual_Update

Let us know how it goes.

Hope it goes well, Joe

• RobertKwasny

Greetings, thanks for the reply!!

Kinda talking about the horse that is not in the barn anymore there Joe :wink:

No, I've got BackUp Buddy handling that for me... was OK there.

But I wanted to know WTH happened but as luck has it, (and 34 years of chasing Bytes, Bits and Nibbles)

I knew that I'd just updated Plugins. (had to have caused the grief)

So for your other folks that this may happen to... this is how I got rid of the White Blank WordPress Dashboard.

I used Filezilla to go to the site and renamed the Plugin folder by putting two XX in front of the name (XXPlugins) then I refreshed my WP Admin Login and it immediately started crying like a baby that it couldn't find the Plugins... good...

But it also hated me for messing with some speed up tricks that I have in there too... so for every file name that it complained about in the WP Admin Login.. I added XX to that file name using FileZilla.

After renaming the folder and about 5 files... another refresh and BINGO -- I could see my dashboard again! Praise Logic...

So now... all the Plugins were disabled... which was fine with me...

I then backtracked and returned those 5 file names to their original...
    Refreshed WP Admin... Bingo, still good -- could see and read WP Dashboard

Then I returned the Plugin folders name to original.
    Refreshed WP Admin... Bingo, still good

Then I started activating each plugin one at a time and refreshing the WP Admin page -- Bingo each time.

I got all the way through to the end, all plugins were activated again... and I could still see the Dashboard... WTH again... but not complaining.

Logged out, Logged in -- All Good...

It was freaky and it made me cry for about 17 seconds when it happened...

But after I dried my eyes and started troubleshooting... it took about an hour... mostly because I've only been using WordPress for about 2 weeks... and have no idea why it did it or why the fix actually worked...

(Still don't -- is WP that touchy -- a Tender Tina???)

But, the horse is back in the barn...

And I learned that even with WP, you don't have to depend on backups if you are willing to pick the fly poop out of the pepper.

Thanks,
    R

Oh -- and I LOVE BackUp Buddy... that thing is GREAT and I would have only lost about 35 minutes worth had I needed to go that route and do a Restore.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.