Upgraded Profiles

We are currently developing a BuddyPress site that is a directory of industry-specific companies offering an array of services. Joining the site is free and you can fill in a general amount of information for your profile. We'll call this the FREE profile.

What we are looking to do is offer a paid FEATURED profile that offers more fields and highlights the profile, either with a style/flag that says "featured" and/or shows the profiles at the top of the directory list. Of course, these additional features would not be available to the FREE users!

Looking for a suggestion on how to best implement this within our site. I had my eye on the Membership plugin here, but I'm not sure if it will work for what we're looking for?

Thanks in advance!

• Kimberly

Hello there!

Welcome to the Community!

Membership only protects Buddypress Pages and components, so I don't think it would be possible to use it to directly protect the profiles.

Unless....you decided to create a second profile group in Buddypress and protect it with a URL group...but that might get messy. unless you use a profile plugin like the BP resume one, but that's just theory

Did some looking around and can't find any way to create a Feature member or profile....

Maybe someone else will have an idea :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.