Upgraded theme - now text alignment issues

Using WP 3.1, recently upgraded to Studio Theme 1.2.9.1.

Upon upgrading I noticed that some of my pages have the text center aligned throughout. I checked the page content html and didn't see any problems. Here's the page url: http://physicianassistanted.com/physician-assistant-program-profiles/

Thanks for any help in advance!

Dave

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya David,

I took a look at your CSS and you've got 42 changes in your layout.css file vs. what's in the studio theme. We'd always recommend using a child theme to avoid any complications or errors during an upgrade.

However, this one looks like an issue with the custom code on your site. Check out lines 115-124 to see the error - you've applied the default styles for #content-fullwidth to a new div #content-fullwidth-page, but that isn't the div that is being loaded on the link - so it doesn't pull in those styles.

Remember that by using chid themes and documenting your changes at each step, you'll be much better off at troubleshooting any errors or being prepared for an upgrade.

Thanks!

• David Payne
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@masonjames

Thanks so much for your help! That CSS was one that I created before the Studio theme had a full width option. Upon upgrading themes I just used the new CSS file I had generated.

I've tried to use child themes a handful of times and every time I've tried, they don't work. Probably something I'm doing wrong. Are there any good resources for how exactly to implement a child theme?

Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.