Upgraded to 3.2; why did I mess with it (*#&*(&

Those nagging notices at the top of the screen bug me. So I upgraded to 3.2. Why does the admin page not fill the screen? I feel as though I am tilting my head looking at the screen.

I've looked in chrome and ff and there is a big empty gap on the left of the page.

I've played around in firebug a bit but can't find the css I need to tweak to get the page either centered or taking up the whole screen.

Any advice? And why is there that big gap anyway?

Thanks
Lori

• Ovidiu
    • Code Wrangler

since you are the second person I see complaining about the wp 3.2. upgrade could you please recheck all your permissions of the wordpress fodlers and subfolders or simply do a manual update of wp 3.2. on top of the existing one following the wordpress instructions for a manual update?

• lorilr
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

thanks for the reply. I tried switching out the theme but I don't think that's the issue as it is the admin that is wrong and I don't have an admin theme. I did re-install but that had no effect.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about. I did find another thread on the forum where the poster thought easy blogging had something to do with it. I had already un-installed easy blogging so unless that left some artifact lying around I don't think that is the issue.

Thanks
    Lori

• lorilr
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Ovidiu for pointing out the obvious. That is one plugin I install on every site - much prefer having the admin bar on top. On that particular site it was about the only one I had installed. They released an update today and all is well.

Thanks
    Lori

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.