Upgraded to latest WP, chat room no longer working

I upgraded to latest WP today, now my chat room is no longer working. It shows up, however no members are visible and when you type something in the chat it doesn't appear. Thanks in advance, love the plugins!

• Sajid

Hi @Michael,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but, we are unable to provide timeframe of when the fixed will be released to avoid disappointment in case the deadline got missed. However, I have asked the developer to get a hot fix for you (if possible) before the release.

As soon as we got the reply from developer we will update the thread.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• joe

I must admit Chat is nowhere near as much a priority for me as it is for you Michael, but what I find really disappointing is that WP 4.4 Release Versions were available for sometime before the "official launch", and I would have expected WPMU to make sure their plugins and themes worked with the new WP 4.4 version.

Is it possible for you to install a temporary chat system so at least you can keep some of your visitors happy?

I'm sorry to say I can't recommend one, but I know from bitter past experience several years ago when I had a very busy forum driven site and the forum software stopped working due to a PHP security update.

My site was effectively down for more than a week, I lost many users who simply got tired of waiting and went elsewhere. Web users can be a fickle bunch at times.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Michael and Joe,

Just want to let you know that this has been fixed in 2.1 and our developer just pushed that update out now :slight_smile:

You can upgrade to version 2.1 through our WPMU DEV Dashboard.

If you don't see the update available then go to:

WPMU DEV > Updates > click the "Update Now" link at the bottom of that page. This will re-check for plugin/theme updates.

Let us know if you have any further issues.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Sorry for the double notification Joe! You happened to be in both threads :p

• joe

No worries Tyler, the fix is the important thing here.
    Three points, and the first is really for the developers not you support guys who have to pick up the pieces.

WP 4.4 Release version was available long before it "went public"
    Surely developers have a responsibility to check their plugins will work with the updated WP Version rather than waiting for it to break and annoying customers?

Second point, Chat - I had Words Filtering enabled, and it has incredibly turned the word hello into *******o

Third point - I cant remember if the little circled " i " in admin beside an option was a tooltip or not, if it was they don't work, if they were simply pointing out the words next to them were "info" then no problem.

• Sajid

Hi @joe,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

WP 4.4 Release version was available long before it "went public"
    Surely developers have a responsibility to check their plugins will work with the updated WP Version rather than waiting for it to break and annoying customers?

Thanks for feedback, I will pas-son your feedback to developing team.

Second point, Chat - I had Words Filtering enabled, and it has incredibly turned the word hello into *******o

I tested it out on my own site and got the same behaviour. Upon further digging I found that there a word "hell" in block words list that is why its replacing "the" hell with **** and displays the "o" at the end as seen in screenshot.

As you can also see in the screenshot after removing that word from block words list from Chat > Settings Common > Blocked Words. I am not sure what is the pattern being used to filter the words, so I am pinged the developer for their feedback on this matter. I will post back a reply when I will some news from the developer.

Third point - I cant remember if the little circled " i " in admin beside an option was a tooltip or not, if it was they don't work, if they were simply pointing out the words next to them were "info" then no problem.

Yes, it is a ToolTip. This works on mouse over and also on click in attached screenshot. If it does not work then please check for plugin conflict and/or install the chat plugin again after deleting it (don't forget to take a backup of your site first, including files and database).

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.