Upgraded WordPress 4.4 without backup and website not working

I updated my WordPress to 4.4. I no longer have the WP navigation bar at the top of my pages after logging on. I have also lost 23 custom Google maps and the primary image on my front page will not render.

Is there a way to go back to my previous WordPress version or how can I fix?

I have a child theme but never activated it. My plugin is from http://terrychay.com/. Do you recommend another easy to setup child theme plugin?

Access: I did not access here because I'm not sure if my post will become public. Credentials and access for wpmudev is available upon request.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mike,

First thing I would do here is contact your host and ask them if they do automated backups. Often your host might keep backups from the last week or two.

If they don't, then you can try rolling back to version 4.3 following this method: https://youtu.be/_lX3E-qIpJM

See if the problems are fixed again in the previous version, and if so then follow up with your theme and plugin developers to make sure their products are 4.4 compatible.

Based on your above description, I'm leaning towards it being an incompatibility with your theme.

Either that, or something was overwritten during the update that shouldn't have been.

Hopefully one of the above options will do the trick here.

Look forward to hearing back!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Mike Macey

Thanks Tyler.

Unfortunately or fortunately, I discovered a code error in the Theme Footer that was not an immediate priority for me. The 4.4 upgrade exasperated the small code error into a few days of scratching my head.

I fixed the code error and everything was returned to normal.

I appreciate the YouTube referral and will be sharing it with my clients. Others will benefit from my mistake and your help.

Thanks to you and the wpmudev team for always being there when I need help.

Problem resolved.

Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.