Upgrades to free users only.

I have a multisite instalation with 6 Blog templates, Basic users and Professional users.

They are sold as 2 seperate services. How can i exclude prosites from the blog templates so i can use pro-sites for upgrades for free/professional sites without affecting sites made from templates?

Sorry or my weird way of wording things
Peter
Composite UK

• aecnu

Greetings Peter,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for the great question but I admit I cannot figure out what you are trying to tell.

I read it four times and cannot get my head wrapped around it ... lol

But if I do understand correctly Pro Sites is being transferred in the templates?

And if this is indeed true it is useless to them because Pro Sites can only be network activated.

Please advise on what I am missing here - there must be a key piece of information that I am unaware of?

Cheers, Joe

• Sofia Rose

Hi Joe

Sorry about confusing you.

On my site i have a service called website in a box, these 6 different products have been built using templates.

I also offer free sites with the option to to upgrade them to premium/ultimate.

My issue is that pro-sites effects all sites not just the upgradeable ones, so i am looking for a way to exclude the website in a box products from pro-sites?

Regards
    Peter
    Composite UK

• aecnu

Greetings Peter,

Aha! Thank you for the clarification which is super.

My issue is that pro-sites effects all sites not just the upgradeable ones, so i am looking for a way to exclude the website in a box products from pro-sites?

Due to the fact that Pro Sites is indeed network activated, there is no way to exclude certain sites from its reign.

Personally for the second major type of web real estate I would have a second domain just for this purpose, just a tip not a criticism.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Sofia Rose

Thanks Joe

After looking into this more i have installed 7 copies of pro-sites and 7 copies of wordpress which allows me to have upgrade options for all products. it also reduces the amount of plugins required in 1 single copy of wordpress.

My follow up would be is there any way to have 1 login form that checks which site the user is a member of and takes them to the appropriate admin?

Regards
    Peter
    Composite UK