Upgrading a membership? WPMUDEV should I? but why?

Why should I renew my account with you people? I mean I found all the plugins and themes are half baked. What is "that" you coming up with that you are increasing price to that extent?

All I like is you guys. Can I lock the membership price even if I renew for a month? or quarterly - I mean by choice.

And will this extend the membership from the date my previous membership expires?

regards

• Dr_Scythe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Sure, no plugin is perfect... but saying wpmudev's plugins are half baked is a bit of an exaggeration. For a large portion of their plugins there is no decent alternatives and those with alternatives wpmudev's edition is usually either as good or better.

If you enjoy wpmudev's plugins/themes/support I would go ahead and renew the subscription now to get the cheaper price. If not then don't....

• Dev4
    • Champion of Loops

Agreed Dr_Scythe.

The plugins i have used so far are excelent. They may not have every feature i want but they are solid.

Pawan, you are alredy on an annual membership right?, so you are locked in. just stick with it if you find the combination of the plugins and support wotthwhile, and if not then don't renew.

• Pawan Arora
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Dr_Scythe

Sure as a developed I understand there is always a room for improvement. and that applies to all walks of our life. Sure no plugin is perfect but you need to understand if there are certain issues pending over such a long time and lots of people have voted for that- something should have been done. I had issues and I said - finding myself as part of the family friend - probably talking to my brothers and sisters. So please don't feel offended.

anyways you didn't answered all my questions?

Can I lock the membership price even if I renew for a month? or quarterly - I mean by choice.

• Pawan Arora

Thanks Mr. Dev, oops!!

So you mean the price rise won't affect me? when I renew later on (i mean when my account expires?)

I am not sure? looking forward to some staff member to comment on this, please.

This question was actually for you.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Pawan Arora

I hope you are well today. We're working on an absolutely amazing theme project, that you won't believe :slight_smile:

Which plugins don't you find to your expectations? We're constantly improving them, and take and take all feedback very seriously.

All I like is you guys. Can I lock the membership price even if I renew for a month? or quarterly - I mean by choice.

And will this extend the membership from the date my previous membership expires?

You can lock in the current membership price for ever, by renewing now, though be quick, the pricing changes soon! You can indeed change onto to a monthly or quarterly plan by checking out now, we have more info on the new pricing here along with a coupon https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/new-pricing/
    That will get you 50% off your first payment, so if you checkout for another year with that coupon.

The renewal would be only $210 then back the $420 per year.

The money doesn't get charged today, rather when your subscription expires and then payment is taken and your account extended accordingly.

If you have any other billing questions please feel free to contact our billing team via our contact form here https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Pawan Arora

Thanks for the additional information, I have checked your account and the subscription has been cancelled.

Which means that the price rise would affect you, unless you check out to get an active subscription. This includes monthly, quarterly and yearly.

As currently as you say it won't renew, but to lock in the pricing you need an active subscription, there is a coupon for 50% off the first payment in the link I posted to wpmu.org above :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Pawan Arora

Hello Mr. Jack Kitterhing : Knock Knock!!!

1. Since my renew date is in december - just renewing it for a month will protect me from price rise?
    2. Will I be charged now? or later when my subscription expires?

waiting for your response...any staff member can respond for that matter.

warm regards.

Pawan Arora

• Pawan Arora

looks like nobody is interested to answer this question:

1. Since my renew date is in december - just renewing it for a month will protect me from price rise?
    2. Will I be charged now? or later when my subscription expires?

I probably have less time to react.

waiting for response from staff member, please.

regards

• Fox Jones
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Pawan

I believe, and the devs will need to confirm this, but if you renew for one month, you will receive the discount for one month only. After that, you'll go back to regular pricing.

In the email i received, it says:

"All existing members, who already have or who sign up for an annual or quarterly account before the change, will keep their current price for life. Forever."

Nothing about monthly, sorry. : [

- fox

• johnjz

@PAWAN - the promise of something amazing doesn't satisfy a slow response time in this forum - my problem is falling into black holes - have you fallen into black holes waiting days for help? Is it a problem for you?

Disappointing to hear you say plugins are half-baked, are the plugin issues solved, soon, eventually or never?

John

• Pawan Arora

hi johnjz and Dev4

Thanks for your response. First of all what is pleasant is that I can have my say and there is somebody listening to it. Problem is not that you guys don't respond back - you guys are amazing.

Having said that - yes certain plugin issues remained and are still unresolved for me, somehow - though so many people voted for the same.

But I don't give up on anybody so easily. I still count on you people.

warm regards

Pawan Arora

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.