Upgrading CPP and losing member answers

Hello. I am upgrading our install of CPP from 1.2.5.1 to 1.2.6.7.

Our site is a multisite network, and we have thousands of users. However, when testing in our development environment, I am experiencing multiple issues.

1 - Users registered for a course with 1.2.5.1 suddenly have no courses registered or completed.
2 - Users who have submitted answers for part of a course now find that their sessions are incomplete:
- the backend shows all their answers
- if they retake that session and cycle thru answers, there is no change
- however, if they update an answer, then CPP records that as being complete. But the student would have to update *every* answer. Perhaps this has something to do with a date submitted check? Backend shows answers submitted a few months ago, but those arent recognized by 1267.
3 - we have some courses (all actually), with mandatory elements. However, upon testing the upgrade, those units are no longer mandatory! It appears to be random. For example, unit 1 and unit 3 successfully lock out their following units, but 2, 4, and 5 do not lock out the following unit. If I reorder 1 and 3, they will lock out their new following units.

I realize this is a lot and may be confusing. Please let me know if I need to elaborate anything, or send you access to my site. Thank you!

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Jonathon, I hope you are doing well today!

I'm sorry to hear you have this issue.

Would you please run a quick check for a conflict with a plugin/theme?

Deactivate all other plugins and test these issues again. If they are gone, please activate one plugin at the time to find out which one is causing this conflict.

Please follow the flowchart from our manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Just want to add a note here: In order to see the assesments the user should be assigned as instructor of the specific course. It's not enough being an admin user.

Let us know how it went!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Jonathon Short
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Sadly, nothing.

1 - I disabled all other plugins
    2 - with CPP 1251 active, I see ~100 students registered for a course.
    3 - I then rename /plugins/coursepress to /plugins/coursepress_1251 (to temp disable it)
    4 - I then rename /plugins/coursepress_1267 to /plugins/coursepress (to activate the new version)
    5 - everything else works fine, my courses are all there, settings the same, virtual pages etc (however, our virtual page for program dashboard did not work, so I had to manually create it, but that is another bug).
    6 - user list is empty
    7 - rename the plugin folders back
    8 - all is well with the old version 1251. I have tested this with version 1258 and all the above rings true.

Is there some nonce or table/data/name change between 1251 and others?

• Jonathon Short
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Upon further investigation, I discovered a few of my test users were registered with version 1267. The problem lies with adding $wpdb->prefix to the enrolled_course_group_XXXX user meta key.

1251 apparently does not have this, and so my users are all just "enrolled_course_group_XXXX". 1258 and 1267 have the prefixes.

Any ideas how I can correct this? Perhaps run a batch on the SQL to append the multisite DB prefix? I'm afraid that might screw up JSON values as well, and I don't know where else it may need it. Again, I have about a dozen sites with around 3000 users.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Jonathan, I hope you are doing well today!

I have submitted some answer with ver. 1.2.5.1.I and upgraded a CoursePress plugin to 1.2.6.7. Unfortunately, I can't recreate the same output. Every graded assessment was accessible from student.

Would you please send to us your credentials for further testing?
    - Mark to my attention - ATTN: Nastia
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include cPanel (We will need to look at the DB so need PHPMyAdmin or similar)
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Jonathon Short
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Is there an archive of different versions of CPP?

A previous developer went thru and added some cosmetic changes, and a few functional changes. Our current developer is tracking down those changes and trying to merge them or find some way to replicate them. I fear we may be missing or overlooking a change somewhere.

Is there an archive for the plugin? The version we have that works is 1251. If possible, I would like to download that version (to compare with what was modified on our end), as well as a few others for testing purposes.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.