Upgrading from Marketpress Lite

Hi,
I upgraded today to the full version and have been working on my store set up. My site is http://www.catrinasgarden.com

I did find the Installation and Use instructions now and that helped quite a bit. At any point if you want to point me to documentation on any of these questions that would be great.

I am switching from Market press Lite to Market press. I deleted Market press Lite from the plug in list and uploaded Market press. I also deleted about 6 other free shopping carts that I had taken for a ride and decided against. It seems that settings and test pages that I made in Marketpress lite were saved. Is that normal? The basics seem to be working and it works with the existing theme fairly well.

On the General settings tab, I don’t understand where I put my theme name and css file so that the cart will match my theme. Where is "/marketpress/css/themes/" folder and what exactially do I put in there?

Under the messages tab/store pages I think I have things messed up. When I disabled Marketpress lite to try a different cart I put all of the automatically generated pages in the trash. I found the main store page in the trash and restored it. Now I have a store page and with it came 3 other pages Products, Shopping Cart and Order Status. Are there any other pages that need to be restored? If so I think they are in the trash but so are a whole bunch of other pages from the other six carts I tried out. Is there a way I can tell which ones are the Market press pages? Or would there be an easier way to regenerate the standard pages?

Then the API; I was under the impression that you could just enter your email address somewhere that is attached to your sellers PayPal account. Or do I need to go to pay pal and get an API code when I use Marketpress?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this. I may post on the forum too, but one question at a time there.
Cathy Matel
AKA Catrina

• DavidM

Hi Catrina,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV! I'll take a look with you on these items inline.

I am switching from Market press Lite to Market press. I deleted Market press Lite from the plug in list and uploaded Market press. I also deleted about 6 other free shopping carts that I had taken for a ride and decided against. It seems that settings and test pages that I made in Marketpress lite were saved. Is that normal? The basics seem to be working and it works with the existing theme fairly well.

Yes, that's definitely normal for the content you setup in the Lite version to carry over to the Premium version.

On the General settings tab, I don’t understand where I put my theme name and css file so that the cart will match my theme. Where is "/marketpress/css/themes/" folder and what exactially do I put in there?

By default you really shouldn't have to do anything with those, MarketPress will roughly blend in with your theme. If you wish to style MarketPress elements yourself though, you can set the "Store Theme" option to "None" at Products > Store Settings > Presentation, or as follows:
    yourdomain.com/thehacked/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=presentation

With that set, MarketPress elements will be unstyled and you can then customize them however you like by adding your styles to your theme's stylesheet (Appearance > Editor).

Under the messages tab/store pages I think I have things messed up. When I disabled Marketpress lite to try a different cart I put all of the automatically generated pages in the trash. I found the main store page in the trash and restored it. Now I have a store page and with it came 3 other pages Products, Shopping Cart and Order Status. Are there any other pages that need to be restored? If so I think they are in the trash but so are a whole bunch of other pages from the other six carts I tried out. Is there a way I can tell which ones are the Market press pages? Or would there be an easier way to regenerate the standard pages?

If you've trashed it, you should be able to regenerate the MarketPress Store page by visiting the Presentation tab as follows, and pressing Save at the bottom.
    yourdomain.com/thehacked/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=presentation

You'll have to ensure a copy doesn't still exist in the Trash though for that to work.

Then the API; I was under the impression that you could just enter your email address somewhere that is attached to your sellers PayPal account. Or do I need to go to pay pal and get an API code when I use Marketpress?

You do need to get API credentials from PayPal actually. You can follow the instructions linked to in MarketPress or as follows:
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECGettingStarted

Hope that helps, please let us know if you have further questions on this!

Thanks,
    David

• Catrina

Hi,
    Thanks for your help.

I'm still having trouble with the "style" here is an example of a product on my site. I copied my description from notepad and as you can see it's not behaving the same as the rest of my pages (font, boundaries, ect.) On the presentation tab of store settings under store theme it says in the grey instructions below the drop down box that you can save your css file with the "marketPress Theme: NAME" header in the "/marketpress/css/themes/" folder and it will appear in this list so you may select it. I would rather do this instead of creating custom theme templates. I just don't get where this folder is and exactly what I should put in it. I'm assuming it's the style.css file from my theme which is Flourish but how do I specify the theme name?

Sorry, but I didn't understand this part: yourdomain.com/thehacked/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=product&page=marketpress&tab=presentation

I have found and restored from the trash the following pages Store, Products, Shopping Cart and Order Status. Are there any other pages that are normally generated automatically? If so what are they called?

Thanks I figured out the api thing and the paypal is operational.

One new question :wink: If I have table rate shipping set up through market press will the pay pal shipping be over ridded? Or should I have one of them turned off? Which one should I use? I'm thinking it would be better if the person could see how much shipping will be before the go to the paypal site.
    Please, is there any weight and zip code based shipping calculator that I can use with Marketpress?

Thanks again for your help,
    Catrina

• Catrina

Okay, I have been playing around a little and it seems that when I type my product discriptions directly into the new product page it behaves but when I copied a discription in from notepad that's when I get this: http://www.catrinasgarden.com/store/products/black-friar/

Also, here is one of my products with a picture http://www.catrinasgarden.com/store/products/
    How would I go about giving the picture some padding? I don't like how the words are actually touching the picture. I'd like to see some space between the tags line and my ads too.

Thanks for your help.
    Catrina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.