Upgrading from Membership Lite

Can I upgrade from membership lite to membership on a live site without redoing all of the access levels? I don’t want members to lose access while I upgrade.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings beanfair,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

Do to the great differences between the two versions, at least the last that I knew and when trying to upgrade, It is my opinion that if you indeed try to do a upgrade that the entire Membership will come crashing down.

The last time I tried this it was a disaster though it was indeed almost a year ago.

Fortunately I had a complete backup to quickly set it all up again and then went with the total fresh setup again on a different domain and then redirected the original when it was ready.

In any event please be sure to do a complete backup before attempting an upgrade.

The reality is a clean install is your best option but of course is the greatest inconvenience to your members. A clean install means also deleting all the wp_m_ tables in your database and also involves completely resetting up the Membership plugin.

After your complete backup of both the site and database and you attempt an upgrade, if this is indeed the path you choose, please let us know how the upgrade goes for other members to benefit from.

Please advise as to how it goes.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.