Upgrading someone to different subscription on the backend

Hi,

I have several subscriptions (and membership levels) on my website.
I have a free membership as well as a few paid ones.
I went into the member's area (being the admin) and added someone sort of like an upgrade to a higher (paid) subscription and membership level.

it shows me that THAT member is in the free and the higher subscription, however when that member logs in, he/she is not able to actually access the pages that have permission to be viewed for this subscription level.

Please help!

• aecnu

Greetings NicoleElmore,

Sorry to see that you are having issues with your membership site and this is certainly going to be a somewhat tough one to resolve being the system now has her in there as having two subscriptions but the system does not allow multi subscriptions for a single user account.

I imagine that the manual addition had something to play into this and it may be necessary to remove the user completely then manually entering them back in and assigning the subscription manually as well.

If you cannot find another way to have them assigned just one subscription/level then the above action may be necessary to straighten this out.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings NicoleElmore,

Thank you for your feedback and additional question concerning having this as a feature request.

However, as the plugin currently stands with only the ability to have one subscription at a time, one needs to create a level that has just the specific attributes that you want and is either originally signing up for that level or is upgrading/downgrading to that specific level.

As far as putting as a feature request allowing more then one subscription at a time for a single member for development consideration sure thing!

It is indeed done in which I will move this ticket to the features requests section and alert the lead developer of the request.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• DavidM

Hi @Kira,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delayed response! It's quite easy for us to miss these older topics, thus we usually ask for members to create new topics instead, especially since things change over time and/or new solutions become available.

In this particular case, Membership doesn't currently allow for multiple concurrent subscriptions, at least not in the current version. It's been removed, at least for the moment, sorry. At this moment, the developers are working on a major update to the plugin, where we hope to address all such concerns while also simplifying everything. Really, we're trying to make it all as easy as possible to use while still providing all the powerful features you need.

If you need concurrent subscriptions like that, you could potentially go back a few versions (the plugin did allow multiple subscriptions in version 3.4.6 and earlier) and then use shortcodes to provide the subscription options on a custom subscription page.

Is think you're likely using an earlier version of the plugin already so perhaps that'll work for you?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.