Upgrading WPMU 3.0 to 3.2.1

Seeking assistance with upgrading a fresh install of wordpress multi-user 3.0 to 3.2.1.

No changes have been made to any files.

Any help is appreciated.

• DavidM

Hi nativebiz,

I'll ask a few other folks around here if they've got any further thoughts on this but there are really only two things I can think to be sure to cover.

1. Backup (the database and perhaps files, just in case).
    2. Deactivate all plugins before-hand, then reactive one-by-one afterward.

There might be some plugins you have that are incompatible with the latest version and may cause a crash after the update, so it's generally a good idea to deactivate them before the update.

It might also be good to switch to Twenty Ten before the update as well.

Perhaps others around here have ideas to add as well. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• Mason

Hiya,

You should be fine. Just upload/replace through FTP the Wordpres files in wp-admin, wp-includes, and then the root (except for wp-content). Once finished you can add the new twentyeleven theme to wp-content/themes if ya like.

Then hit up the WordPress admin and run the network update to update all sites. Should be alright. As David said, backing up first is always recommended.

Thanks!

• Philip John

Hiya!

I actually upgraded a fairly large multisite from 3.0 to 3.1.2 at the weekend and it turned out to be relatively painless.

It's worth checking out this preflight checks plugin which will see whether your existing plugins are compatible with 3.2.

Then backup your database and uploads folder just in case.

In my case, I actually copied the entire site including files and database to ensure that I could switch back to 3.0 by simply renaming folders if necessary. You're ability to do so will depend on your hosting package.

Good luck!
    Phi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.